Running thread

Today is when you should get back out, just run a couple of slow but steady miles, you’ll get the aches out of your legs mate and will feel miles better for it.

Just been for a one hour walk! 6km and then a swim and sauna pre match.

For those talking about running for weight loss, I would strongly recommend reading a bit about heart rate zones. The key to losing weight (fat) is to run in zone 2, which is a slow and easy pace. This trains your body to oxidise fat instead of consumed calories. Push too hard and you're just burning carbohydrate. The fastest way to lose fat is to run fasted (for most people this means before breakfast) at an easy pace. Obviously avoiding stuffing your face with cake is another factor.

How come everyone is 10 to 13 minutes faster than me?!??

I have found with Park run getting out midweek and doing a bit of faster work, like a really quick 400mm, back to normal pace, another quick 400mm really helps when knocking time off.

Took a break of late from park runs, last one was the day before Southampton away, but determined to get sub 20 mins but that will take a bit of midweek training.

I have found with Park run getting out midweek and doing a bit of faster work, like a really quick 400mm, back to normal pace, another quick 400mm really helps when knocking time off.

Took a break of late from park runs, last one was the day before Southampton away, but determined to get sub 20 mins but that will take a bit of midweek training.

Sub 20? Fuck me that’s some going.

Would love to get under 20 but doubt it’ll happen at my age. Just need to keep knocking seconds off, next sim is 21:30.

Sub 20? Fuck me that’s some going.

Would love to get under 20 but doubt it’ll happen at my age. Just need to keep knocking seconds off, next sim is 21:30.

That is being optimistic though. My PB is 20.05, but without proper training,three years ago and I am 42 now so set myself that target to beat it once.

Big issue for me is lowering my weight to manage that. Been on and off with the running due to knee problems but the x-ray has revealed ‘slight degenerative damage’ so looking to get the body fat down to reduce the impact and hopefully cut into my running times.

My running times in May were 21:30 - 22:00 minutes, and I was going flat out so plenty to work at.

How old are you Inchy?

That is being optimistic though. My PB is 20.05, but without proper training,three years ago and I am 42 now so set myself that target to beat it once.

Big issue for me is lowering my weight to manage that. Been on and off with the running due to knee problems but the x-ray has revealed ‘slight degenerative damage’ so looking to get the body fat down to reduce the impact and hopefully cut into my running times.

My running times in May were 21:30 - 22:00 minutes, and I was going flat out so plenty to work at.

How old are you Inchy?

50 in November. I normally run Heaton Park which is tough due to the steep hill, bestvtimes at Worley woods which is where I’d go for sub 21:30 and lower.
Need to really do a little more speed work.

50 in November. I normally run Heaton Park which is tough due to the steep hill, bestvtimes at Worley woods which is where I’d go for sub 21:30 and lower.
Need to really do a little more speed work.

Yes my local park run is similar, gravel tracks, with steep inclines and so not the best for PBs. Soon as I get closer to my target will change to Poole park which is nice and flat.

Yes speed work is the key. Luckily I have a wood near me which has a lap measuring about 1.6km. Usually try and smash out a fast 1k, jog the next 0.6 and then repeat. Brilliant times there mate, hope I have the same longevity in my legs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.