Running thread

AFAIK its back next Saturday, they had a certain percentage of permissions they wanted before they started up again, they past that so its all a gogo, apart from south manchester pr as theres a festival on there next weekend, the junior parkruns have been back for a while now, ive had top ten finishes in the last three!!
And there was me thinking the 76 stood for your age ;-)

Ok, cheers for reply bud - looks like I’ll have to do a bit more research to check which individual ones are on.

Eliud uses the alpha fly, I think maybe they have a more balanced landing, ive a pair of tempos that have the same design and the air bubble at the front definitely gives you something to bounce off, not cheap this running malarkey but a man needs a purpose right?!

Indeed. Doing the trails of late you also have ones for road to trail (hybrid), Muddy/soft, hard ground etc. You could easily spend a small fortune buying all the kit.

Anyone else finding it tough to run at the moment?

On Sunday, I tried a short run at 8pm in the evening. I ended up running around 3km and walking the same distance. On Monday, I'd had plenty to drink during the day, but when I tried another evening run, I could feel the liquids sloshing around inside, and again, I only managed around 3km of running and the same distance walking.

Saturday was slightly better. I covered 9km, with the occasional walk to take on fluids. Last night was much better though. I went out at 6pm, did a proper warm up for 10 minutes, then 10km without any stops. I'd only eaten a sandwich at 1pm. Despite the heat, yesterday's run felt really good.

I'm in Keswick next week, and the weather forecast isn't too good. I don't think I'll be complaining about running in a little bit of rain though!

On Sunday, I tried a short run at 8pm in the evening. I ended up running around 3km and walking the same distance. On Monday, I'd had plenty to drink during the day, but when I tried another evening run, I could feel the liquids sloshing around inside, and again, I only managed around 3km of running and the same distance walking.

Saturday was slightly better. I covered 9km, with the occasional walk to take on fluids. Last night was much better though. I went out at 6pm, did a proper warm up for 10 minutes, then 10km without any stops. I'd only eaten a sandwich at 1pm. Despite the heat, yesterday's run felt really good.

I'm in Keswick next week, and the weather forecast isn't too good. I don't think I'll be complaining about running in a little bit of rain though!
I hear ya. The heat makes a huge difference. Also, if you sweat a lot, you might be low on salt so make sure you keep your electrolytes topped up in the summer. Other than that, I would just say make sure you give yourself sufficient rest and recovery time.

yep really tough. The first 1-2 miles have to take very easy.

Training for the Manchester half-marathon for Kidney Care UK (had a transplant myself), usually have no issues nailing 10 miles, and I last did a HM in February but the heat really did me on Friday on my latest attempt. I got to 5 miles and had to stop and ending up getting 7 out in the end, will attempt again next week when it's hopefully cooler, but I felt a bit ill the day after if I'm honest.

Anyone got any tips for the long distance stuff in the heat?

Training for the Manchester half-marathon for Kidney Care UK (had a transplant myself), usually have no issues nailing 10 miles, and I last did a HM in February but the heat really did me on Friday on my latest attempt. I got to 5 miles and had to stop and ending up getting 7 out in the end, will attempt again next week when it's hopefully cooler, but I felt a bit ill the day after if I'm honest.

Anyone got any tips for the long distance stuff in the heat?

take the first 3-4 miles really really easy
have a drink stop
then hit 6-9 miles at a good pace, you should be in the'zone' by then
drop off the pace for the next mile or so
then for the last couple miles, give it whatever you can

AFAIK its back next Saturday, they had a certain percentage of permissions they wanted before they started up again, they past that so its all a gogo, apart from south manchester pr as theres a festival on there next weekend, the junior parkruns have been back for a while now, ive had top ten finishes in the last three!!
Stretford also off this week Gaz due to a track event.I think im going to Alex Park or Worsley Woods

Stretford also off this week Gaz due to a track event.I think im going to Alex Park or Worsley Woods
Theres always fletcher moss as well, Im thinking parkruns are going to be mad busy when they first get going again. No good for me anyway, working saturday mornings so will just have my own plod before work as per

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.