Running thread

Just out of interest, to the guys who have run marathons, how did your marathon time compare to your half marathon time?

I read somewhere, as a rule of thumb, expect to run double your half marathon time and then add 20 minutes. So a 1:30 half Marathon runner would have you finishing a full Marathon in 3:20. Any truth in that?

Just out of interest, to the guys who have run marathons, how did your marathon time compare to your half marathon time?

I read somewhere, as a rule of thumb, expect to run double your half marathon time and then add 20 minutes. So a 1:30 half Marathon runner would have you finishing a full Marathon in 3:20. Any truth in that?
I did a few HMs on my own (not events just running/training) and averaged 1:35 - 1:40 ish. When it came to (my only) marathon so far I set myself 3:30 as a target and training hard and working hard got just in with 3:29:37! Shortly after that however I did my first HM event/race and carrying marathon fitness managed 89 mins and some seconds (I’d set target of 90 mins) so the rough equation as in OP kind of works out. I think race day at a big event can really push you to achieve but its important not to expect too much. Aim to a) finish/complete b) post a reasonable time for yourself/compete and c) post you very best target time/conquer. Achieve a) and anything else is a bonus!

Yes. About 10 years ago I did 2 HM and 2 full marathons in the space of about 15 months. HM Times. 1:28 and 1:31. Marathon times 3:10 and 3:15.

Run 999

Parkrun 69 - 23.40

really went for it and not far off PB , but a week of junk food and beers took its toll. Happy with that though

final run tomorrow

Stay off the booze tonight, early night, plenty of water. Don’t fuck this up now.
In other words.. don’t do a Mark Fucking Noble!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.