Running thread

Quick question, I run once twice a week, nothing serious 5k's 28 minutes.

Last week pulledcmy calf, today went out again, same pain.

How long should I rest, any tips on getting it better
At least 2 weeks imo. I hurt calf in Feb, gave it couple weeks, bought compression socks, rubbed it with spiky ball. After couple weeks eased myself back in started with about mile and gradually increased over a week or so

At least 2 weeks imo. I hurt calf in Feb, gave it couple weeks, bought compression socks, rubbed it with spiky ball. After couple weeks eased myself back in started with about mile and gradually increased over a week or so
Cheers pal. Lasted about 300 meters, then it went again. Gutted.

Reactions: ob
Cheers mate. I'll take a look at the tempos as well. Let us know how you get on with the Alphas after a few more runs.
There's a lot of choice out there at the moment (New Balance RC elite, Endorphin speed etc.) so I'd probably be best getting to a local running shop and trying them on before splashing out.
Run 2 in the alphas, they still feel stiff? Around the toe box, and the two blisters i gained on sunday seem to be the spot where they at their "stiffest", on the inside of the foot below the big toe, I cant tell if its down to my landing, as I tend to be a forefoot striker when upping the pace. Still unsure and would probably recommend trying something else, although Ive just seen sportshoes are doing them at £169 now if your quick and want to try them out for yourself.
A mate on strava just said to send them back, has anyone had any experience of sending shoes back after wearing them?

What he said @uweblue, Any muscle injury in lower leg is going to benefit from hot/cold pack as well - Grab one of these from Decathlon: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/hot-cold-compress-reusable-cold-pack-size-l/_/R-p-304171?mc=8518816.
ICE is key in the first few days after. Painkillers if it's really hurting but the spiky ball or even a roller if you don't have one is really good for the rehab of the muscle.

If you feel like your tightening up in the calf, a little deep heat can sometimes help I find. You can run injured btw, just take it very very easy. The blood flow encourages the muscle to heal faster.

Not posted on here for a while but wanted your sage opinion.

I’m doing the Warrington HM on Sunday. My PB for a half is just under 1:54. My target is sub 1:50, which is 8:27 pace. I did a 10k at 7:57 pace yesterday.

So, do I go balls out for the 1st half of the run and buy me some time for the 2nd half or should I take it “easier” and run at a steadier pace for the whole race?

It’s a pretty flat course by all accounts.

Not posted on here for a while but wanted your sage opinion.

I’m doing the Warrington HM on Sunday. My PB for a half is just under 1:54. My target is sub 1:50, which is 8:27 pace. I did a 10k at 7:57 pace yesterday.

So, do I go balls out for the 1st half of the run and buy me some time for the 2nd half or should I take it “easier” and run at a steadier pace for the whole race?

It’s a pretty flat course by all accounts.
The sensible advice is to try and leave something in the tank for the second half and dont use all your energy at the start........ Ive never once been able to do that and am still here to tell the tale.... Run like someone has stuck a firework up yer backside at the start, worry about the rest later!!

Run 2 in the alphas, they still feel stiff? Around the toe box, and the two blisters i gained on sunday seem to be the spot where they at their "stiffest", on the inside of the foot below the big toe, I cant tell if its down to my landing, as I tend to be a forefoot striker when upping the pace. Still unsure and would probably recommend trying something else, although Ive just seen sportshoes are doing them at £169 now if your quick and want to try them out for yourself.
A mate on strava just said to send them back, has anyone had any experience of sending shoes back after wearing them?
Cheers for the update. Good price that but not got them in my size unfortunately. I see on sportshoes that they fit half a size smaller. Did you get your normal size?
And where did you buy them from? I know Nike are pretty good with returns even if they've been worn.

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.