Running thread

As an aside, does anyone run with bluetooth In Ear Monitors/Earphones?

I hate my wired pair as they often end up getting pulled out, but conscious in ears may fall out when I'm running?

I've seen a pair of Moonlight Sparks that come highly recommended (around £60) so may get them and the other option is just to buy some cheap bluetooth earphones with the strap for the ears (on top of the moonlights for non running listening).
Yes, I use Jabra Elite earbuds. The sound quality is great, as is battery life and connectivity. They also stay in my ears and are comfortable.

I have tried Aftershoks as they are very popular but as an audiophile, the sound quality just wasn't there for me. I can see why they're useful for runners though.

Yes, I use Jabra Elite earbuds. The sound quality is great, as is battery life and connectivity. They also stay in my ears and are comfortable.

I have tried Aftershoks as they are very popular but as an audiophile, the sound quality just wasn't there for me. I can see why they're useful for runners though.
Also use Jabra Elite and as above, very happy with them.

Also use Jabra Elite and as above, very happy with them.
This is good news.

Main worry was them dropping out when I ran (and losing one given I run a lot in the dark winter nights).
In saying that, the only time my current earbuds drop is when I catch the wire with my hands.

I just needed a silver bullet: ones I can use for running, for gym and general music but nailing the sound quality too (rather than buying a pair for each occasion).

Those Jabra look good although your feedback does give me the green light to get the Moonlight Sparks but actually (if these are the ones you're talking about) I may seriously look at the Jabras - these?:

This is good news.

Main worry was them dropping out when I ran (and losing one given I run a lot in the dark winter nights).
In saying that, the only time my current earbuds drop is when I catch the wire with my hands.

I just needed a silver bullet: ones I can use for running, for gym and general music but nailing the sound quality too (rather than buying a pair for each occasion).

Those Jabra look good although your feedback does give me the green light to get the Moonlight Sparks but actually (if these are the ones you're talking about) I may seriously look at the Jabras - these?:

Yeah, they are the ones I have, think they have a couple of newer models now (75t, 85t), but perfectly happy with mine. Being honest, I had a couple of teething issues when I first started using them, and one occasion, one fell out whilst running, but fortunately was able to find it... was only on my second or third run so probably my own fault for not wearing properly. They do come with 3 different sized EarGels, so just make sure you try them out and find the most suitable for fit and comfort.

I have gone as far as 14km with them in so far, and been best part of a year now with no issues.

First run while working in office at lunchtime. Really enjoyed 5k in 31 mins along River Thames 15 mins from my office at Hampton court palace and 15 back. Few little blips as locked myself out of palace and office after run due to fact had downloaded old door codes which changed during covid. Then while in shower block realised I'd not brought a towel lol. Will definitely be running it again

First run while working in office at lunchtime. Really enjoyed 5k in 31 mins along River Thames 15 mins from my office at Hampton court palace and 15 back. Few little blips as locked myself out of palace and office after run due to fact had downloaded old door codes which changed during covid. Then while in shower block realised I'd not brought a towel lol. Will definitely be running it again
Ha. Schoolboy errors. I've made a few of those, more embarrassing ones too!

Reactions: ob
Back running after still being hammered by Covid 7/8 months on.
Worried not so much about huffing and puffing but the heart issues associated with long Covid (palms/erratic and rapid heard beats despite not pushing it).

So far so good and I think I'm on an upward curve now.
Managed about 5/6 runs over the past fortnight including two park runs. A 5k park run that was 13 minutes over my PB and ten mins from my average time.

Part of the trouble is I've put this heavy timber around my midriff (man tits and belly essentially).
I bet I put at least a stone on so was hard running with that too.
Not sure what else I can do to get rid of it apart from slowly deplete it through running and gym work (I barely drink and eat healthily).
Not a look I'm keen on before but I'm one of those that like things just right (which although can be a burden can also mean I have a determination to sort stuff like that out).
Nice one. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.