Running thread

I don't think it's vertigo. I'm 60, and never had anything like vertigo, or like this really.

The marathon one was understandable, to a degree. This episode was after a routine short run - albeit at higher intensity than usual. Maybe my body is telling me to stick with easy paced runs.

Maybe!!

stick to low level running? No uphills etc?

Alton Towers Half Marathon yesterday.

Perfect weather in the end, about 2000 runners and maybe a similar amount of spectators made for a great event.
Rides were all open from about midday, and didn't queue for anything longer than 5 mins. Although walking a few km after the race was maybe not ideal!

Couple of steep hills and fairly undulating course, my legs gave up at about 15k, so the last 6k was pretty tough.

Hadn't been able to train past 14k so probably to be expected, but still managed to knock 35 mins of my previous HM which was an absolute disaster again due to injury on the day.

Will need to try and get better at injury prevention if I want to continue to do the odd HM, I usually run OK for a couple of months, and then something stops me for a few weeks which sets my training back.

Alton Towers Half Marathon yesterday.

Perfect weather in the end, about 2000 runners and maybe a similar amount of spectators made for a great event.
Rides were all open from about midday, and didn't queue for anything longer than 5 mins. Although walking a few km after the race was maybe not ideal!

Couple of steep hills and fairly undulating course, my legs gave up at about 15k, so the last 6k was pretty tough.

Hadn't been able to train past 14k so probably to be expected, but still managed to knock 35 mins of my previous HM which was an absolute disaster again due to injury on the day.

Will need to try and get better at injury prevention if I want to continue to do the odd HM, I usually run OK for a couple of months, and then something stops me for a few weeks which sets my training back.

well done on smashing your PB!

Half way through the Big MS Run Off and after 15 consecutive days of running I have managed to cover 68.3 miles. Not quite in Bluehammer’s league but I'm really pleased with how it’s gone so far. Once again thanks to all on here who have donated.

9 days and 10 hours to go until I can get out for a run again, Im itching to go for a run already, might have to try laps of the back garden,
I saw about the covid on the other thread :(

Be grateful you are not too ill to even think about a jog in the garden?

Make the most of the time off and recover from recent hard excessive miles?

Do weights exercises in garden instead. Build a pull up bar?

Get well soon.

I saw about the covid on the other thread :(

Be grateful you are not too ill to even think about a jog in the garden?

Make the most of the time off and recover from recent hard excessive miles?

Do weights exercises in garden instead. Build a pull up bar?

Get well soon.
Thanks mate, im far to deep in the feeling sorry for myself stage at the minute to be thinking about exercise tbh. Soon to be followed by the "kill it with alcohol" stage which I'm hoping will be a lot more entertaining!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.