Running thread

Could be what your eating rather than how much.
Are you tracking your food intake?
It's odd.
I really don't eat a great deal.
Breakfast: porridge oats/bran and banana and an apple (every day....sucker for routine).

Lunch (generally) homemade soup and bread (actually, I think I'm actually doing 'porridge') - or a small sandwich and another apple.

Evening meal: usually pasta/sometimes oven chips with breaded chicken/fish or similar.
I get the feeling I'm maybe dropping my healthy standards in the evening - I used to cook 'proper food' most nights but since the separation I no longer do that (I enjoyed cooking for other people, not hugely 'assed' about cooking for myself.

Littered with teas and coffees throughout the day and a hot choc and small dessert last thing at night.

No drinks until the weekend when I'll have a bottle of wine over Saturday/Sunday with maybe one beer...

That's it.

It's slow dropping off but I still have excess flab and that's with going to the gym a few times a week.

Perhaps a full return to running with shift it....

It's odd.
I really don't eat a great deal.
Breakfast: porridge oats/bran and banana and an apple (every day....sucker for routine).

Lunch (generally) homemade soup and bread (actually, I think I'm actually doing 'porridge') - or a small sandwich and another apple.

Evening meal: usually pasta/sometimes oven chips with breaded chicken/fish or similar.
I get the feeling I'm maybe dropping my healthy standards in the evening - I used to cook 'proper food' most nights but since the separation I no longer do that (I enjoyed cooking for other people, not hugely 'assed' about cooking for myself.

Littered with teas and coffees throughout the day and a hot choc and small dessert last thing at night.

No drinks until the weekend when I'll have a bottle of wine over Saturday/Sunday with maybe one beer...

That's it.

It's slow dropping off but I still have excess flab and that's with going to the gym a few times a week.

Perhaps a full return to running with shift it....

i try to stick to a 1600 calorie intake. Since i did that ive gone from near 21 stone to a few weeks ago i weighed 16 stone 3.

Other than the odd soup i have every now and then I've completely removed bread from my food intake.

I've been separated 4 years now, I'm still the same would rather have a smaller meal that easy than cook (other than when the kids are around me)

Strangely enough I can be full of food from a couple of ham wraps with salad etc. But then a proper meal like spag bol I never do.

At times I feel have i lost too much too fast, but then still see my flab around the stomach area. I cancelled the gym as I wasn't going and preferred street running.

Might be worth using something like my fitness pal to track your food?

I used my fitness pal and dropped stone and half during lockdown. Luckily was quite easy as less beer due to not going to football. I used it for just over year found where my calories were coming from then stopped. My aim was to get to 11 stone from 12.6. Down a jean size and hovering round 11 now (never got below it). One of my downfalls I found using my fitness pal was snacking watching TV in evening which I almost completely cut out. Also have fruit rather than chocolate, crisps etc with my coffee breaks (around 10 and half 2) when working. I don't deny myself as think I crave it more then

5-2 diet worked well for me to shift it but took quite a while and probably no quicker than calorie restriction - I just preferred only having to focus too much on what I ate for 2 days. other downside was it made it harder to run the days after, but as I was unfit it fitted with a lower running volume. I have had problems with injuries before when trying to do too much of both exercising and dieting.

I often find healthy lifestyles reinforce each other. If I exercise, I want to eat well, if I do nothing then I just want to eat chips.

Yeah, just picked up a cold (second cold in about as month). Grim.

Thinking of joining a local running group - good time to resume in the winter (without the heat adding to the stress on a body that had forgotten how to run).

I think I hit a good groove of running, gym and eating well....when the running dropped the eating well continued.

Had it down to a fine balance, but it's slowly coming off again now (and it's just on the chest/belly).

With all that and yoga/pilates, I was in the best shape of my life (having that strong core gives that youthful vitally back to really take on gravity).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.