Running thread

Did Parkrun this morning hungover and still suffering with a chest infection, not the best combination! Didn’t do it last week as was away golfing and couldn’t face the prospect of having not done Parkrun 2 weeks on the trot. Took it easy though, was very painful having to watch the pacers keep passing, 24min, 25min, 26min, 27min, 28min, 29min and then the 30min went past which made me think fuck that, and ensured I just skipped past her to ensure my time didn’t start with a 3, lol.

My 37th Parkrun this morning, 27:09*, which I'm delighted with. That's the same time I was achieving before I was diagnosed with anaemia, so more signs that it has cleared up. It's my fastest Parkrun since before lockdown. All this without a cold shower too!

I'm sure I could have done better in the marathon if I had known about the anaemia before it.

*That's my adjusted 5km time, not the official Parkrun time.

My 37th Parkrun this morning, 27:09*, which I'm delighted with. That's the same time I was achieving before I was diagnosed with anaemia, so more signs that it has cleared up. It's my fastest Parkrun since before lockdown. All this without a cold shower too!

I'm sure I could have done better in the marathon if I had known about the anaemia before it.

You'll have to do another marathon now...;)

Cold shower would have got you under 27 seconds!! Nice work mate

18k today over the Dorset countryside. 12 degrees down here but felt bitterly cold on the Wessex ridgeway with the wind chill. Reminder of how tough trails are when you add a bit of vert and the weather is against you. Feel as rough as toast so convalescing watching the cricket and drinking copious amounts of hot tea.

Usually I go for a cold bath after a run but today I had suffered enough.

Ran two mins faster than last week's Park Run (clocked in at around 25.20 today).
Went closer to the front and I guess I got carried away with the faster runners.
Bumped into a running club lass half way through and managed a hello but she soon put the pedal on.

First time I've felt my fitness could potentially get back to pre Covid levels.

Bit of a self-congratulatory post this I know but managed 8 miles this morning. Time was dreadful but pretty happy to be covering that sort of distance from a standing start at the beginning of the month. Pleased that I did get back into it anyway.
Sounds like your well on track mate, keep at the cold showers they definitely worth it.
I keep uming and arring about joining a running club, I see lots of folks get big improvements when they do, I kind of like my early morning runs too much though, if only there was a club that had their training at 4.30am.

Same here about running clubs. Quite value the time I have on my own when running but it can lead to repetition of training, rather than at a running club where you have to follow other peoples training plans. The speedwork and intervals in particular you tend not to do when you run solo or with a mate.

Great work on the 8 mile run. If you are running that distance already that is a fantastic effort. Be mindful of injuries though. I have found when I increase my work load very quickly, ignore stretching, strength work the niggles and injuries follow.

Ran two mins faster than last week's Park Run (clocked in at around 25.20 today).
Went closer to the front and I guess I got carried away with the faster runners.
Bumped into a running club lass half way through and managed a hello but she soon put the pedal on.

First time I've felt my fitness could potentially get back to pre Covid levels.

2 minutes is a massive jump. My parkrun tactic is always to go out near the front, go off fast and then feel the misery of hanging on for dear life over the last 2.5k. Sounds like you helped that lass speed up as well lol.

2 minutes is a massive jump. My parkrun tactic is always to go out near the front, go off fast and then feel the misery of hanging on for dear life over the last 2.5k. Sounds like you helped that lass speed up as well lol.
Haha.
I probably scared her off in all honesty.
Although she did ask if I was going for coffee afterwards.
Which I did of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.