Running thread

Another 5k+ run completed just to prove to myself that Friday wasn't a one off fluke. It wasn't particularly fast or pretty but I did it. Now minded to make my Parkrun debut this Saturday.
Great work, I know I'm never going to be fast and certainly not pretty. I just did 5 miles as week 7 run 1 of my half marathon training plan. 2 years ago last week I started couchto5k and could barely run the 2 mins. Get such a buzz off it at the moment. Good luck on your first park run mate

Great work, I know I'm never going to be fast and certainly not pretty. I just did 5 miles as week 7 run 1 of my half marathon training plan. 2 years ago last week I started couchto5k and could barely run the 2 mins. Get such a buzz off it at the moment. Good luck on your first park run mate
Should have added, I'm actually enjoying it now too. Felt like a chore when I started couch to 5k but actually look forward to getting out to run now

This morning I did my first real race since the 2014 London Marathon. I ran a 10k in a chip time of 47:21 for 138th overall out of 838 and 12th vet 50. I am delighted with the result.

I was surprised at how inaccurate my strava result was. It showed a much slower time of 50:xx and a distance < 10k. But my mates strava was much more accurate.

Think I will bin off the strava and go back to my old fashioned stopwatch and pen and paper methods which served me well down the years !!. Or even ditch them too and just run free for the hell of it!

Great effort that TCM. Did you get a buzz out of racing again?

I did my first park run for quite a while and although I was a minute plus from my best I did enjoy the competitive nature of it.

Funnily enough my Garmin had not picked up GPS so all stats were distorted. It was a but demoralising. All this tech has its advantages but it can mess you up as well.

Great effort that TCM. Did you get a buzz out of racing again?

I did my first park run for quite a while and although I was a minute plus from my best I did enjoy the competitive nature of it.

Funnily enough my Garmin had not picked up GPS so all stats were distorted. It was a but demoralising. All this tech has its advantages but it can mess you up as well.
Thoroughly enjoyed the race and was in high spirits all day Sunday complimented of course by the 5-0 drubbing of Newcastle.

I've suffered with leg muscle sorness over last two days. I always push myself to the limit in a race.

But I'll be be fine in a few days. I might even consider another race later in the year.

@gaz76 ever worn the Hoka Rincon 3? Heard there pretty light so decent for faster training runs
Hi mate, never tried the rincons, although I did get my first ever pair of hoka on Friday, mach 4, apparently "true to size" nothing of the sort, far too slim so they going back. I've done that twice now with hoka, so would probably advise you to try them on in a shop before hand

Hi mate, never tried the rincons, although I did get my first ever pair of hoka on Friday, mach 4, apparently "true to size" nothing of the sort, far too slim so they going back. I've done that twice now with hoka, so would probably advise you to try them on in a shop before hand

Cheers Gaz. Had the same issue with the Speedgoat 4. Have to wear the thinnest of socks or I get rubbing as my feet swell. I think Hoka have different width sizes, sure I read it somewhere, so might be worth checking if you like the shoe.

Yeah, good advice. There on sale at 68 quid, hence Im tempted.

Thoroughly enjoyed the race and was in high spirits all day Sunday complimented of course by the 5-0 drubbing of Newcastle.

I've suffered with leg muscle sorness over last two days. I always push myself to the limit in a race.

But I'll be be fine in a few days. I might even consider another race later in the year.

Good man. Yeah I am picking up a few niggles of late which is resulting in a lot more slow runs rather than tempo runs I enjoy doing occasionally. Saying that I did a Park run Saturday and really suffered the following day on my sunday long run.

Probably a consequence of the Ultra and getting older. Father time waits for no man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.