Running thread

Well it’s taken FOUR years but I’m finally back out jogging.

Went from an unfit 18 stone all the way down to 10.8 and was in fantastic shape…until I blew my LCL.

Then a house purchase collapsed severely upsetting the family routines. Then came Covid and I’m immunocompromised and I completely abandoned jogging.

four years later and I’m sat at 14.5 stone which is about 2 stone heavier than I want so I finally got back out jogging just over 2 weeks ago.

Torture!

It’s taken 14 sessions to get back to a 5K and the times aren’t pretty, but at least the improvements are happening almost daily.

If you give running for fitness a try don’t give up after a week, the body will adapt. Remember, it’s not a race ;-)
Good work mate, lost stone and half through running and diet at start of lockdown. Put some back on so trying to get back down to 11st and almost there

Ha im top of the climbing ladder but that was because I did a coastal trail marathon in Anglesey,it was stunning but super tough and you had to walk up and down Holyhead mountain.
Think you deserved to be top of the ladder for that one mate, just a bit harder than up and down didsbury road!!!

What do people listen to to zone out on their runs?

I find it difficult to run unless I have zoned out and I need music to achieve that, only issue is I get bored listening to the same albums/playlist successively. Any suggestions?

What do people listen to to zone out on their runs?

I find it difficult to run unless I have zoned out and I need music to achieve that, only issue is I get bored listening to the same albums/playlist successively. Any suggestions?

Personally, I'm just the opposite. I like to hear what's going on around me & don't like to dampen any of my senses.
I do most of my running on a path converted from a disused railway so have to share it with cyclists & dog walkers so like to hear other path users approaching from behind.
I'm also a little bit old fashioned so like to acknowledge anyone I pass with a friendly "morning" & thank all the marshalls I pass during Parkruns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.