Running thread

Just got back into it properly after a few years of spinning, and gym based stuff.

Cba with anything over 5k but got out there this morning and did 4k on an empty stomach fuelled only by a strong black coffee.

Beautiful morning, dead ‘fresh and clean’ feeling to it.

Completed it in 21:17. Felt fucking mustard. Felt like I was going some pelt tbf.

For those in the know, is that a half decent time?

It depend on your fitness level and how much running you have been doing. It's about 8.5 minutes per mile which I would consider rather quick for a "non runner". For decent level club runner, 8.5 minute per mile pace is the slow steady pace when running for well over an hour, and fast pace for 10k say would be around 6 minute per mile.

Just got back into it properly after a few years of spinning, and gym based stuff.

Cba with anything over 5k but got out there this morning and did 4k on an empty stomach fuelled only by a strong black coffee.

Completed it in 21:17. Felt fucking mustard. Felt like I was going some pelt tbf.

See above

I've just finished my sixth Parkrun, my fourth in Warrington, in 25:35 official. That's about one second off my PB, and each one has been PB.

It felt like a really fast run though, compared to last week. My watch measured it at 25:05, and I am a bit disappointed in the difference. A woman finished two ahead of me, and there are no women in the places immediately above me on the results page. Also, I think my tag said 135, but I am 158 on the official results.

Has anyone any experience of Parkrun timings being wrong?

Parkrun at 21:17 ?
Yes. Fantastic time.

I've just finished my sixth Parkrun, my fourth in Warrington, in 25:35 official. That's about one second off my PB, and each one has been PB.

It felt like a really fast run though, compared to last week. My watch measured it at 25:05, and I am a bit disappointed in the difference. A woman finished two ahead of me, and there are no women in the places immediately above me on the results page. Also, I think my tag said 135, but I am 158 on the official results.

Has anyone any experience of Parkrun timings being wrong?

Occasionally there can be a mix up with tags and positions but they start the clock when the first runners cross the line. If it takes you 30 seconds to reach the start from the crowd but you start your mind watch when you do, it’ll be 30 seconds out.

Occasionally there can be a mix up with tags and positions but they start the clock when the first runners cross the line. If it takes you 30 seconds to reach the start from the crowd but you start your mind watch when you do, it’ll be 30 seconds out.

Thanks. It's sorted now. They emailed to say the results were ready, but hadn't got round to actually using the results.

My own watch is always slightly different to the official time. I try to start near to the front as it gets very congested with 600 people on what is quite a narrow path near to the start.

Good fun though. Thanks to all Parkrun volunteers.

Did a 15 mile run this morning, 1.46.06 for the half marathon, my PB according to strava. 8.08 minute/mile pace.

Just to add some TMI, I've had 3 pints of water, a pint of vimto, 3 cans of Pepsi max cherry (dont judge me) and a massive cup of tea, and I still haven't been for a pee since that run. Crazy

Last edited:
Did a 15 mile run this morning, 1.46.06 for the half marathon, my PB according to strava. 8.08 minute/mile pace.

Just to add some TMI, I've had 3 pints of water, a pint of vimto, 3 cans of Pepsi max cherry (dont judge me) and a massive cup of tea, and I still haven't been for a pee since that run. Crazy
Make sure you are well hydrated before the run. Drink a pint of milk /water 50/50 post run. Better hydratton, protein and cheaper and better than sports drinks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.