Running thread

I set off at 6:45am for a repeat of my Monday Latrigg run, to celebrate my 62nd birthday. I'm shattered now. Great run though.
af1d23592f271701dbb1bd12d03b5107.jpg

I set off at 6:45am for a repeat of my Monday Latrigg run, to celebrate my 62nd birthday. I'm shattered now. Great run though.
af1d23592f271701dbb1bd12d03b5107.jpg

Happy birthday, fantastic effort and the views look superb. Just out of interest how far was it and how much elevation?

Been a bit of a breakthrough week this week. 10 mile run under the belt and my return to the running club with 3k easy, 12 minutes at 4:20 pace and then 2 minutes hard effort, 2 minutes rest x 5.

Spring last year ran an ultra, so still a long way to go, but Injury free and enjoying my running again.

Booked on for Delamere Half, so hopefully can drop a few pounds, add some speed and distance to my runs and give it a good go.

Happy birthday, fantastic effort and the views look superb. Just out of interest how far was it and how much elevation?
Thanks. It's about 300m ascent, and my route was 11km. There are shorter routes though, and no doubt longer ones too. 11km is about my limit at the moment as I'm building my distance again after a year with injuries.

Thanks. It's about 300m ascent, and my route was 11km. There are shorter routes though, and no doubt longer ones too. 11km is about my limit at the moment as I'm building my distance again after a year with injuries.

11km with 300m of ascent is not to sniffed at.

The views look great so next time I am up there will try to give it a go.

Ditto about the running. Just happy to be out enjoying myself after 6 months of struggle. Love running on my own but also, realised how much I enjoy Ive missed a training session after my return last night. Football season to start again soon - let the good times roll.

Not been properly diagnosed, but from all accounts I've sprained/strained my I.T band,it's saying i could worsen it if i carried on with my running , I can walk no problem but can feel it when I start to run, what now? It's saying 4-8 weeks off running, fucking gutted, I'm only 2 weeks away from the finish and was very comfortable with week 7 ,will I have to start again

Not been properly diagnosed, but from all accounts I've sprained/strained my I.T band,it's saying i could worsen it if i carried on with my running , I can walk no problem but can feel it when I start to run, what now? It's saying 4-8 weeks off running, fucking gutted, I'm only 2 weeks away from the finish and was very comfortable with week 7 ,will I have to start again
Oh no mate, get yourself rested and come back bigger, better and stronger. Now you know you can do it

Best to rest up to allow recovery. If you can do some low impact exercise in the meantime it will keep you ticking over. I managed to keep swimming but at a reduced speed and at reduced distances with the help of ibuprofen when I was in your position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.