Running thread

Slowly starting to get a bit of a mojo on the go again, have been mixing up run/bike/gym which hopefully will pay dividends later in the year/next year.
Cycled from didsbury to Rochdale yesterday for watergrove parkrun (a grueller of a parkrun that one for us flat earth south manchester folk) then took the scenic route home(via city's ground) about 43 miles in total. Very enjoyable
Yeah, I saw that on Strava mate. Inspiring work!

Slowly starting to get a bit of a mojo on the go again, have been mixing up run/bike/gym which hopefully will pay dividends later in the year/next year.
Cycled from didsbury to Rochdale yesterday for watergrove parkrun (a grueller of a parkrun that one for us flat earth south manchester folk) then took the scenic route home(via city's ground) about 43 miles in total. Very enjoyable
Great effort mate

You sure do a decent job of getting out and getting the miles in for someone who doesn't like it!!
I've gone down the no music route for the past month or so, I'm much slower than I was but feeling a lot calmer during a run. The mean streets of South Manchester(twinned with downtown Bangladesh) and its 15 million cars just seem a lot more chilled when I can hear who is trying to run me over
I have never ran with earphones in as like to be aware of my surroundings

I have never ran with earphones in as like to be aware of my surroundings

I'm exactly the same. I like to use all my senses so I'm aware of faster runners and cyclists sneaking up on me, and to hear birdsong and the weird noises squirrels make amongst other things!

Reactions: ob
I'm exactly the same. I like to use all my senses so I'm aware of faster runners and cyclists sneaking up on me, and to hear birdsong and the weird noises squirrels make amongst other things!
Took me ages to work out what was making that noise lol. Also snarling barking dogs, had close encounter with dog earlier in week. Luckily on extended lead so got pulled up just shy of me but still out me off a bit

Weird noises squirrels make? I've seen hundreds of them this weekend and not heard a peep out of em mate, you sure it's not your shoes?

Kipchoge wins the berlin marathon again!! He flew out of the traps. First half in 60.12 couldn't keep it going though and missed the WR.
Big mara story of the day is the Ethiopian runner who smashed the women's WR by more than two minutes with a negative split.
She was wearing the new Adidas £400 jobbies that only last one race, even I'm not daft enough to be tempted by them at that price(ok maybe a little tempted!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.