Running thread

Just finished week two of the couch to 5k
just done week week 5 2 x 8mins, i got a bit mixed up because im redoing from week 3 after my injury, should of been doing week 6,which was a 25 min run ,which i had already done last run haha :), only realised my mistake when steve cram said well done you've just completed your longest run ,wtf :)

you will find if you think about something else rather than running its easier , i listen to music and try and zone out to the tunes, keep your mind off your legs and lungs :), the only time i struggle with my breathing is when i actually think about breathing :), oh and make sure you tie your laces up nice and tight, you don't want distractions, i thought something was crawling up my leg put me right off, good luck mate, you've done the hardest part,and that's starting .

just done week week 5 2 x 8mins, i got a bit mixed up because im redoing from week 3 after my injury, should of been doing week 6,which was a 25 min run ,which i had already done last run haha :), only realised my mistake when steve cram said well done you've just completed your longest run ,wtf :)

you will find if you think about something else rather than running its easier , i listen to music and try and zone out to the tunes, keep your mind off your legs and lungs :), the only time i struggle with my breathing is when i actually think about breathing :), oh and make sure you tie your laces up nice and tight, you don't want distractions, i thought something was crawling up my leg put me right off, good luck mate, you've done the hardest part,and that's starting .
Bang on mate.

Confession time: I don't like running as I find it to be frankly boring. However, good music and interesting podcasts in the ears means I forget that I'm running and just get absorbed in whatever I'm listening to.

Sounds like your running is going well. You must be well on the way to 5k if you've done a 25 minute run.

Bang on mate.

Confession time: I don't like running as I find it to be frankly boring. However, good music and interesting podcasts in the ears means I forget that I'm running and just get absorbed in whatever I'm listening to.
You sure do a decent job of getting out and getting the miles in for someone who doesn't like it!!
I've gone down the no music route for the past month or so, I'm much slower than I was but feeling a lot calmer during a run. The mean streets of South Manchester(twinned with downtown Bangladesh) and its 15 million cars just seem a lot more chilled when I can hear who is trying to run me over

Slowly starting to get a bit of a mojo on the go again, have been mixing up run/bike/gym which hopefully will pay dividends later in the year/next year.
Cycled from didsbury to Rochdale yesterday for watergrove parkrun (a grueller of a parkrun that one for us flat earth south manchester folk) then took the scenic route home(via city's ground) about 43 miles in total. Very enjoyable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.