Running thread

After doing 5 weeks of slow and steady zone 2/ zone 3 work to start my London Marathon training my legs felt really fresh yesterday on my planned 5k so thought fuck it and decided to push it. Ended up doing it in 29 mins which I am really happy with - first time my lungs have been more in trouble than my legs so I think it shows that I pushed it.

I'm staying in Corbridge for a few days and planned a 8km run before relaxing to watch Bayern stuff United.

Big mistake when I ran past the turn at 2km. I expected a road. It looked like a farmer's driveway, so I jogged on, adding around 5km to my planned route. 13km is my longest run this injury-affected year and I averaged 6 minutes 10 second per km.

I'm pretty tired now, and sweating like a pig after a hot bath. I'm going to have to stop taking a bath after a run because I always feel light headed and unwell when I finish one. If I faint again, the wife will insist I take two months off running and book an appointment with the doctor at the first opportunity.

Rest day tomorrow. I've earned it.
d8e1e6e01f7676da35af0567d6c21103.jpg

I've only had a bath a couple of times and didn't enjoy it. Better to hop in the shower and try and get it cold!!! If you do prefer a bath, give it a bit of time before you hop in and see if that makes a difference. It might be that you're not allowing your body to cool down enough before you then go and soak what's already hot in hot water! An ice bath would be even better, but I'm a fan of the cold stuff these days. @gaz76 has about 10 cold showers a day.

@gaz76 has about 10 cold showers a day.
Haha yer not far wrong infairness, 1 as soon as I get up, 1 after my morning run, 1 after the gym, then another before getting in the steam room, another then after it before the sauna, then another before a jacuzzi and another before another sauna, then last one before heading home.
So 8 in total, sheesh you were making me out to be a nutter!!

I've only had a bath a couple of times and didn't enjoy it. Better to hop in the shower and try and get it cold!!! If you do prefer a bath, give it a bit of time before you hop in and see if that makes a difference. It might be that you're not allowing your body to cool down enough before you then go and soak what's already hot in hot water! An ice bath would be even better, but I'm a fan of the cold stuff these days. @gaz76 has about 10 cold showers a day.
Bang on mate. The benefits of cold showers are immense.

I'm staying in Corbridge for a few days and planned a 8km run before relaxing to watch Bayern stuff United.

Big mistake when I ran past the turn at 2km. I expected a road. It looked like a farmer's driveway, so I jogged on, adding around 5km to my planned route. 13km is my longest run this injury-affected year and I averaged 6 minutes 10 second per km.

I'm pretty tired now, and sweating like a pig after a hot bath. I'm going to have to stop taking a bath after a run because I always feel light headed and unwell when I finish one. If I faint again, the wife will insist I take two months off running and book an appointment with the doctor at the first opportunity.

Rest day tomorrow. I've earned it.
d8e1e6e01f7676da35af0567d6c21103.jpg
Take care of yourself mate. It's surely worth seeing a doc if you're regularly getting light headed?

On an unrelated note, have you been around the Roman town at Corbridge (I imagine that's why you're there?)? It is spectacular.

Take care of yourself mate. It's surely worth seeing a doc if you're regularly getting light headed?

On an unrelated note, have you been around the Roman town at Corbridge (I imagine that's why you're there?)? It is spectacular.
Thanks Stu. Yeah, went to it yesterday and it really was an experience. Excellent work by the archaeologists to uncover it and create such a glimpse of our nation's history.

Parkrun in Hexham this morning. We have been pet sitting for a few days. Returning home to Cheshire today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.