Running thread

One of those days sadly.

Kept my powder dry for two days, put my cheat shoes on in preparation for a fastish half marathon.

Managed 10k with a stop. Mediocre pace and was fully prepared to stop from the first K. Sat here peeved off about it thinking I need to get out again to right this wrong.

Strange thing this running lark as I felt on an upward curve and then a day like today happens.

One of those days sadly.

Kept my powder dry for two days, put my cheat shoes on in preparation for a fastish half marathon.

Managed 10k with a stop. Mediocre pace and was fully prepared to stop from the first K. Sat here peeved off about it thinking I need to get out again to right this wrong.

Strange thing this running lark as I felt on an upward curve and then a day like today happens.
We all have days like this mate. I certainly do.

Put it behind you and move on! What's next?

We all have days like this mate. I certainly do.

Put it behind you and move on! What's next?

I think I might do a trail 10k later tonight. Just a nice slow one.

Event wise Ive not got much booked in. Pacing my missus on the Bournemouth half next week and then the Delamere half in November. Should not think like this but as I know Im well off it compared to previous years its a bit of a barrier to paying out the fees to participate in races knowing your times are going to be well down.

What about you Stuuu? I think you have had a bit if a disrupted year or so like me. Are you back out regularly/racing etc?

One of those days sadly.

Everyone has those days mate, don't be to hard on yourself, just use it as fuel to go better next time, that's a thing with this running malarkey, there's always another go

I think I might do a trail 10k later tonight. Just a nice slow one.

Event wise Ive not got much booked in. Pacing my missus on the Bournemouth half next week and then the Delamere half in November. Should not think like this but as I know Im well off it compared to previous years its a bit of a barrier to paying out the fees to participate in races knowing your times are going to be well down.

What about you Stuuu? I think you have had a bit if a disrupted year or so like me. Are you back out regularly/racing etc?
Pacing the missus sounds like a good one: participating in an event without the pressure.

As for me, I'm overweight and in poor shape but I'm giving myself the winter to do something about it and hopefully take part in something in the spring. Haven't done any races in ages!

Pacing the missus sounds like a good one: participating in an event without the pressure.

As for me, I'm overweight and in poor shape but I'm giving myself the winter to do something about it and hopefully take part in something in the spring. Haven't done any races in ages!
Same here really. Its all about next year. Get the base right and then be in a good place for next spring.

Winter is the best time to resolve things also. Less pressure to go out, less people on the trails and running in the dark is a good stimulus. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.