Running thread

Rochdale half tomorrow, stepping it up the fitness a bit and enjoying it, did watergrove parkrun round there two weeks ago, 40mile round trip on my bike to get there.
Knutsford 10k last weekend with another 40 mile round trip on the bike.
On the bike again tomorrow hoping the 20 mile warmup trick doesn't play to heavy on the legs for a half

3 hours 51mins Chester Marathon, went through halfway in 1:45ish, so I did fall apart in the 2nd half. I'll take it though, the heat in the 2nd half was tough and there were many collapsed bodies at the side of the road. I thought the course was going to be way flatter than it actually was, 3 or 4 hills that'll break your heart in the last 5 mile.

First one done though, time to celebrate.

3 hours 51mins Chester Marathon, went through halfway in 1:45ish, so I did fall apart in the 2nd half. I'll take it though, the heat in the 2nd half was tough and there were many vollapsed bodies at the side of the road. I thought the course was way flatter as well, 3 or 4 hills that'll break your heart in the last 5 mile.

Great effort, well done. 21 minutes slower for the second half isn't really falling apart. That's just inevitable slowing down.

Last edited:
3 hours 51mins Chester Marathon, went through halfway in 1:45ish, so I did fall apart in the 2nd half. I'll take it though, the heat in the 2nd half was tough and there were many vollapsed bodies at the side of the road. I thought the course was way flatter as well, 3 or 4 hills that'll break your heart in the last 5 mile.

Great effort! My lad did 3.41 which he was well happy with but he suffered. I was by the drink station at 40k at the bottom of the last big hill to give him a real kick up the arse.
Very warm though there were a few bodies!!
Enjoy your cold beer :)

3 hours 51mins Chester Marathon, went through halfway in 1:45ish, so I did fall apart in the 2nd half. I'll take it though, the heat in the 2nd half was tough and there were many collapsed bodies at the side of the road. I thought the course was way flatter than it actually was, 3 or 4 hills that'll break your heart in the last 5 mile.

Brilliant mate, congratulations. Great to get the first one ticked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.