Running thread

Everyone has those days mate, don't be to hard on yourself, just use it as fuel to go better next time, that's a thing with this running malarkey, there's always another go

Indeed mate. Relied a bit too much on the running of late to help with other things going on.

You know how it is you prep your weekend around your long run and then it all goes to pot. Onwards and upwards though.

After reading the 80/20 book I’ve finally found my ‘mojo’ again, even getting out at 5am couple of times a week to start the day and having no physical issues. Get close to sub 8 minute miles over 10k and back to a 7;20 mile comfortably now.

Like others have said just need to lose a few pounds (got a wedding in less than 3 weeks and don’t want to look to fat for the bride ;0) ) so need to keep it up through the winter months and then book on a few things.

Everyone has those days mate, don't be to hard on yourself, just use it as fuel to go better next time, that's a thing with this running malarkey, there's always another go
wow , something in the air, now i dont run half marathons , but from the moment i started today i struggled like mad,i even tripped :), my last run i battered it,i was really confident, but today i was shite, however next run will improve,because hopefully it cant get any worse :)

wow , something in the air, now i dont run half marathons , but from the moment i started today i struggled like mad,i even tripped :), my last run i battered it,i was really confident, but today i was shite, however next run will improve,because hopefully it cant get any worse :)

Redemption today.

Went out for a trail 10k and felt completely different. Run went well, felt really strong on the hills. Its incredible how one day can be a complete contrast to the next so don't be disheartened

After reading the 80/20 book I’ve finally found my ‘mojo’ again, even getting out at 5am couple of times a week to start the day and having no physical issues. Get close to sub 8 minute miles over 10k and back to a 7;20 mile comfortably now.

Like others have said just need to lose a few pounds (got a wedding in less than 3 weeks and don’t want to look to fat for the bride ;0) ) so need to keep it up through the winter months and then book on a few things.

Ive recently reread that again. Ive really slowed down my slow runs and try to keep any tough work sandwiched between recovery runs.

Ive not really followed the plan in the book or done the variety of speedwork but I think its defo helping me to keep the injuries at bay with the slow runs helping me to build up distance without really fatiguing the body.

Ive recently reread that again. Ive really slowed down my slow runs and try to keep any tough work sandwiched between recovery runs.

Ive not really followed the plan in the book or done the variety of speedwork but I think its defo helping me to keep the injuries at bay with the slow runs helping me to build up distance without really fatiguing the body.
I’m similar, just slowed down a touch a now can go 5 times a week whereas it was maximum of 3 a week previously.

I’m similar, just slowed down a touch a now can go 5 times a week whereas it was maximum of 3 a week previously.

Yes back to running 5 days a week, so getting more miles in the legs. Really enjoy the slow runs now.

Im keeping ( or trying to keep) my HR below 130 for slow runs. I get home and hardly feel like Ive put a shift in.

Typically adds 30/40 secs per K compared to a moderate intensity run so not really taking that much longer either.

Last edited:
Just back from my midweek training run around the disused railway paths of Stafford.
Felt a big sluggish this morning but I've put that down to having had my flu and Covid boosters in the last couple of days.
Still managed to trudge around my planned route without stopping so happy with that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.