Running thread

You slag Gaz off for being a maverick and getting up at 4, then you tell me to run twice a day!! You're bloody crackers! I'll be dead! Haha!! :)
See what I mean!!!

Infairness Tommy has a point(not about me being off my rocker) doubles are decent for getting results, I've done it a few times in training, a few weeks of big miles in the morning and a slow 3 or 4 after work do get you on the right track

See what I mean!!!

Infairness Tommy has a point(not about me being off my rocker) doubles are decent for getting results, I've done it a few times in training, a few weeks of big miles in the morning and a slow 3 or 4 after work do get you on the right track
If I was training for the Olympics maybe Gaz :)

Sheesh you 6am club lot are all the same, it's like I'm always telling the Mrs.. it's not me it's you!! Freak indeed
Serious question, for once!. Do you eat breakfast before your 4am run? I think it's fine to run fasted up to 5 miles say, but don't you need to eat before the longer ones?

I run before breakfast, say about 3 miles. Then porridge after. But have porridge before longer cycling commute.....14 miles or 45+ minutes. Cycling is easier on the stomach though.

Beat my mate Parkrun PB at Swanley Parkrun, we have about 6 locations and that’s the only one he held over me.

I’ve been off booze this month, got runs in, track training and half marathon last weekend. I was primed to beat it today.

Tough course and conditions though, most of it on grass/mud.
24:35

Last edited:
Serious question, for once!. Do you eat breakfast before your 4am run? I think it's fine to run fasted up to 5 miles say, but don't you need to eat before the longer ones?

I run before breakfast, say about 3 miles. Then porridge after. But have porridge before longer cycling commute.....14 miles or 45+ minutes. Cycling is easier on the stomach though.

I’ve fasted for the first time this month, 7pm till 12 noon next day. One thing I was worried about was not fuelling before running - to be honest, I don’t think it made much difference.
I did half marathon last weekend and barely noticed any difference, felt fine and just water was all ok.

Funny you should ask that mate, I've always run fasted since I started, just a black coffee and then gone, but for the last two weeks I've been trying having some food before, had to really force myself to eat at first but I'm getting a bit better.
I've just been having an oaty breakfast bar but they do seem to be helping as I am finding more energy from somewhere although that could be from my slowly improving fitness hard to tell tbh.
Another thing I've changed lately is having a protein rich recovery shake with oat or almond milk straight after, thats having a big effect, protein was one thing I had not tried and think I definitely should have sooner.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask that mate, I've always run fasted since I started, just a black coffee and then gone, but for the last two weeks I've been trying having some food before, had to really force myself to eat at first but I'm getting a bit better.
I've just been having an oaty breakfast bar but they do seem to be helping as I am finding more energy from somewhere although that could be from my slowly improving fitness hard to tell tbh.
Another thing I've changed lately is having a protein rich recovery shake with oat or almond milk straight after, thats having a big effect, protein was one thing I had not tried and think I definitely should have sooner, i used to have a homemade smoothie with spinach beetroot bananas berries etc, it gave me energy alright but also left me feeling jittery and quite weak, the protein seems to be having the opposite effect, I reckon my body was probably eating itself alive after a run.
Thanks.

Certainly agree that Protein should be consumed post run. Nuts are a good source.

I've started earing protein yogurt recently. Part of age and winter weight training plan too.

My training run felt relatively effortless this morning. I'm putting it down to last night's chicken saag curry. Popeye was right. Spinach really seems to work

Last edited:
Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.