Running thread

Simple answer to that, run before work, the 4am club is open everyday and it's free, I also do about 15k a day at work on my feet all day, get the run done before and being at work is recovery
I might start doing that when it gets light in mornings. But probably 5.15/30 kinda time,fuck getting up at 4! I've got to draw the line somewhere haha! :)

Haha. Same here. I ran as often as I could during lockdown. It was great. I ran my first half marathon on a boiling hot day, and was so proud, I entered it as a virtual half marathon, and got a medal sent to me. That, plus lots of encouragement from here, set me on my way to run the Manchester Marathon in 2021.
Lockdown was brilliant for running. I was a flying machine and never got tired. Within a few weeks I was running 11/12 miles and not suffering in anyway shape or form. This was after getting covid in the first week of lockdown. The first week was hell but once I'd opened up my lungs I was fine. The first day I went back to work, i came home and did a run and couldn't believe how tired I was compared to day before.

I might start doing that when it gets light in mornings. But probably 5.15/30 kinda time,fuck getting up at 4! I've got to draw the line somewhere haha! :)
Gaz76 has a point. Beware though that he is a bit of a maverick to put it more politely (I think I once called him a freak and he was slightly upset about it). His training schedule seems to include several half marathons a week at 4am after a cold shower to start the day. !!!@%$!!.

I aspire to his greatness but as a mere moral I prefer regular 6am starts for a winter run or summer cycle commute. Depending where you live it's still very quiet at that time and a great way to start the day. It also allows for double days...run morning and evening which can be good way to boost mileage and fitness in marathon training for example.

Gaz76 has a point. Beware though that he is a bit of a maverick to put it more politely (I think I once called him a freak and he was slightly upset about it). His training schedule seems to include several half marathons a week at 4am after a cold shower to start the day. !!!@%$!!.

I aspire to his greatness but as a mere moral I prefer regular 6am starts for a winter run or summer cycle commute. Depending where you live it's still very quiet at that time and a great way to start the day. It also allows for double days...run morning and evening which can be good way to boost mileage and fitness in marathon training for example.
You slag Gaz off for being a maverick and getting up at 4, then you tell me to run twice a day!! You're bloody crackers! I'll be dead! Haha!! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.