Running thread

It’s not easy!
I’ve run lots of half marathons and full marathons but still struggle with 5k sometimes.

But I’d say Parkrun is such a great thing to do on a regular basis, take it easy and enjoy
I kinda ran the course last week and there's a lot of it uphill. I'm only doing it because I know I'll beat my PB if I'm running with people.

Reactions: ob
Hard not to enjoy parkruns. Friendly but competitive, free, and full of positive people getting out and enjoying exercise.

Yes intervals/speed work are a key part of training. If you add that, looking at your other runs you have a pretty decent training schedule.

I try to aim for one long run a week, one speed session, 2 x 10k recovery type runs (slow paced) and another tempo type 10k. I rarely do it in fairness but that is the aim.
Good shout Frank. My problem is, I walk a lot in work, usually 10-15 k steps a day, so when I run at night I'm kinda tired. Weekends I'm like a man possessed. Lockdown was the best, I just ran every day(and bugger else)and was never tired. Bloody work getting in the way of my running :(

Good shout Frank. My problem is, I walk a lot in work, usually 10-15 k steps a day, so when I run at night I'm kinda tired. Weekends I'm like a man possessed. Lockdown was the best, I just ran every day(and bugger else)and was never tired. Bloody work getting in the way of my running :(
Simple answer to that, run before work, the 4am club is open everyday and it's free, I also do about 15k a day at work on my feet all day, get the run done before and being at work is recovery

Haha. Same here. I ran as often as I could during lockdown. It was great. I ran my first half marathon on a boiling hot day, and was so proud, I entered it as a virtual half marathon, and got a medal sent to me. That, plus lots of encouragement from here, set me on my way to run the Manchester Marathon in 2021.

Simple answer to that, run before work, the 4am club is open everyday and it's free, I also do about 15k a day at work on my feet all day, get the run done before and being at work is recovery
You’ve been smashing the long runs recently mate.

How much sleep do you usually get?

You’ve been smashing the long runs recently mate.

How much sleep do you usually get?
Sleep???

Ha, I gets asked this a lot, I go to bed at 9 and get up half 3/4, garmin tells me an average of 6 and a half hours, goes out the window when city are playing through the week though
To be honest I would only be fucking about on my phone or watching some bullshit with the Mrs if I didn't go to bed early, and the rewards are worth it, so much better running at that time, no people in the way, no lines of traffic everywhere so the air is as clean as it gets in sunny Manchester.
Just don't tell anyone though I likes having the place to myself

Sleep???

Ha, I gets asked this a lot, I go to bed at 9 and get up half 3/4, garmin tells me an average of 6 and a half hours, goes out the window when city are playing through the week though
To be honest I would only be fucking about on my phone or watching some bullshit with the Mrs if I didn't go to bed early, and the rewards are worth it, so much better running at that time, no people in the way, no lines of traffic everywhere so the air is as clean as it gets in sunny Manchester.
Just don't tell anyone though I likes having the place to myself

I might have to start trying earlier nights. My issue is sneaking out the house without waking the baby up :’)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.