Running thread

Tomorrow morning's Parkruns at Stretford, Fletcher Moss, Phillips Park and South Manchester already cancelled due to compacted ice.
Seems a little OTT given that the temperature is forecast to be above freezing until 0900 tomorrow, but understand they have to cover their backs and avoid claims.

Tomorrow morning's Parkruns at Stretford, Fletcher Moss, Phillips Park and South Manchester already cancelled due to compacted ice.
Seems a little OTT given that the temperature is forecast to be above freezing until 0900 tomorrow, but understand they have to cover their backs and avoid claims.
Bit strange this one, I ran past fletcher moss at about 5am this morning and there was no ice, there is no ice anywhere I can see in didsbury and its forecast to be 5 degrees tomorrow at 9am, strange decision

Bit strange this one, I ran past fletcher moss at about 5am this morning and there was no ice, there is no ice anywhere I can see in didsbury and its forecast to be 5 degrees tomorrow at 9am, strange decision

I ran along the Bridgewater Canal between Castlefield & Pomona Island yesterday lunchtime and there was lots of compacted ice, but it was easy enough to dodge, and had all gone by lunchtime today.
I agree it seems an over reaction, especially when they could do an inspection at sunrise tomorrow after 15 more hours of thawing.

I ran along the Bridgewater Canal between Castlefield & Pomona Island yesterday lunchtime and there was lots of compacted ice, but it was easy enough to dodge, and had all gone by lunchtime today.
I agree it seems an over reaction, especially when they could do an inspection at sunrise tomorrow after 15 more hours of thawing.
Burnage just cancelled as well, another one I ran past that had fuck all ice, but they reckon the wooden bridge is a bit slippy ffs

Normally I'd say have a run up the Isabel Trail, which used to be the Stafford to Uttoxeter railway, but it's currently flooded under the Eccleshall Road bridge. You could still run part of it up to the point of the flood.
In the same area, you can run around Stafford Common off Stone Road.
In the town centre, there is a riverside path that takes you through the park, past Stafford Town football club and onto the canal towpath depending on how far you want to go.
Also, there is the Millennium Way, which is the route of the disused Stafford to Wellington railway, towards Derrington and Gnosall.
If you're free at 0900 on Saturday, there's the Parkrun, which is currently 4 laps of the rugby club.
If your preference is for a bit of trail running, there's plenty of routes on Cannock Chase, which is either a short drive away, or you can catch the train out to Rugeley then walk / run up to there.
I won't be around next week as I'm up at my partner's flat in Manchester so will be doing one of the Manchester or Salford Parkruns.
I'm in Stafford now. I'll run down Stafford Common tomorrow its literally round the corner from my hotel. Seems like a huge green belt of land. I'll take your advice and head towards the football ground . Is the path next to Sandyford Brook?

I'm in Stafford now. I'll run down Stafford Common tomorrow its literally round the corner from my hotel. Seems like a huge green belt of land. I'll take your advice and head towards the football ground . Is the path next to Sandyford Brook?

There's 2 football teams in Stafford.
The unflooded part of the Isabel Trail will take you from Stafford Common towards Stafford Rangers.
The riverside path that passes Stafford Town follows the River Sow from the town centre towards Baswich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.