Running thread

Good work mate! There are a few of us training for the MCR Marathon! Good luck with your fundraising.
Thanks!
It's my 4h one, I hit the dreaded wall after 22.miles last year. Was furious with myself, training hard to.make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

Bit of a random one, does anyone wear Nike Winflows? Thinking of getting some for shorter, gentler runs. Nike Pegasus are getting too damn expensive to keep buying every 6 months, the winflows are a lot cheaper from the outlet stores but have mixed reviews.

Thanks!
It's my 4h one, I hit the dreaded wall after 22.miles last year. Was furious with myself, training hard to.make sure I don't make the same mistake again.
You’ll smash it!

If you haven’t alread read it, I’d recommend Matt Fitzgerald’s ‘How bad do you want it’.

There’s a lot of examples where elite athletes have hit the wall and how they overcame the various issues that caused that to happen.

Bit of a random one, does anyone wear Nike Winflows? Thinking of getting some for shorter, gentler runs. Nike Pegasus are getting too damn expensive to keep buying every 6 months, the winflows are a lot cheaper from the outlet stores but have mixed reviews.
Some feedback fwiw

They’re not cheap, but I absolutely love my ASICS Novablast 3s.

I’ve done nearly 500km in them and there’s no sign of wear and tear. They aren’t as bouncy as they once were but still feel great for shorter, quicker runs.

I used to buy shoes cheap and often, but I think it’s a bit of a false economy and you end up spending more in the long run.

You’ll smash it!

If you haven’t alread read it, I’d recommend Matt Fitzgerald’s ‘How bad do you want it’.

There’s a lot of examples where elite athletes have hit the wall and how they overcame the various issues that caused that to happen.
Thanks for the advice and recommendation.

Just completed a steady state run. Trying to run more in zone 2 to utilize fat oxidation for the marathon.

My last marathon I was at 185bpm in the first 2km which is about 90% for me which is too high. I gave up on zone 2 in my last marathon block and just went off of feel.

It's the same issue I've always had with zone 2 though that it just feels so slow. 5k PB is 19:53 but a steady state 5k would be 31:00.

Anyone got any ideas on how it takes to start to see improvements?

Reactions: ob

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.