Running thread

Anyone racing this weekend? I know that Edinburgh and Liverpool are on today. I hope everyone is enjoying the events.

I ran a local half marathon this morning. Set out to plod it since I've lost my mojo somewhat of late and I've done very little training over the last 6 weeks. I was surprised to get a PB of 1:39:52. That brings me up to just over 800 miles for 2019 so far. Now I start training for a local marathon in July (a crazy time for a marathon but what the hell...).

Anyone racing this weekend? I know that Edinburgh and Liverpool are on today. I hope everyone is enjoying the events.

I ran a local half marathon this morning. Set out to plod it since I've lost my mojo somewhat of late and I've done very little training over the last 6 weeks. I was surprised to get a PB of 1:39:52. That brings me up to just over 800 miles for 2019 so far. Now I start training for a local marathon in July (a crazy time for a marathon but what the hell...).

Great time mate well done.

Few friends did Liverpool yesterday said it was tough with the wind along the front. At least that’s what Klopp said.
I didn’t do it as did a training ride and run before the epic half iron man distance next Sunday. 42.5 on the bike and 7 mile run yesterday to set me up for it. Weather was shocking yesterday though, hope it’s netter next weekend.

5k yesterday and with 2k to go felt my right Achilles pop and start to burn but carried on and finished.

Ive got full movement of my foot up and down so think its just a case of tendinitis

I dont want to have to stop running and much like runners knee, i dont think many dont get twinges like this as its part and parcel of running.

Week off with just strength training or just carry on and see how it goes?

5k yesterday and with 2k to go felt my right Achilles pop and start to burn but carried on and finished.

Ive got full movement of my foot up and down so think its just a case of tendinitis

I dont want to have to stop running and much like runners knee, i dont think many dont get twinges like this as its part and parcel of running.

I had Achilles tendinitis in my ankle tendons. No running for me for 3 weeks, lots of core strength and hot/cold therapy 4x times a day. Mine was pretty bad though.

Not worth risking. Exercise it a bit, stretches etc but don't overdo it. I got about every injury going training for London Marathon in 2016 and didn't get past 16miles due to injuries. Was completely fucked as a result and ended up with hip injuries due to running the last 10 miles compensating for pain in my left hip and running unevenly.

Not managed to do much running since and been on the bike instead. Went out on Sunday for the first time in a year and felt okay but if you push it now you will end up more injured and out for longer.

Need some advice on running shoes please. Got into running start of last year, bought a £30 pair of New Balance but they are worn out now. I’ve got what you would call ‘bad feet’, and I don’t think the running shoes I use are helping.

I’ve read about gait analysis. Is there anywhere in Mcr that does it where it’s free and no obligation to buy from them? Does the wet paper test work just as well?

Happy to spend a bit on them if needed. What’s the difference between a £60 pair and a £160 pair?

Any brands to consider / avoid? Cheers

Response to the last two posts.

I've have Achilles tendonitis on three occasions. Each time it was cured as soon as I replaced my old footy boots with new ones. The soft cushion had gone and the new shoes with padding did the trick.

Regarding running shoes, I would advise to get a very well cushioned shoe, at the £60+ range. I can't advise on a brand as that is down to personal preference. I have had Puma and Adidas football boots, neither of which cured the above tendonitis. Nike boots cured it almost immediately, so I always get Nike footy boots and running shoes now.

Need some advice on running shoes please. Got into running start of last year, bought a £30 pair of New Balance but they are worn out now. I’ve got what you would call ‘bad feet’, and I don’t think the running shoes I use are helping.

I’ve read about gait analysis. Is there anywhere in Mcr that does it where it’s free and no obligation to buy from them? Does the wet paper test work just as well?

Happy to spend a bit on them if needed. What’s the difference between a £60 pair and a £160 pair?

Any brands to consider / avoid? Cheers
It really is different for everyone. If you have a gait analysis, try on loads of different pairs and, with the staff, decide on the ones that are right for you. Forget about which brands or models other people use. The most important thing is that they are comfortable for your feet and running style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.