Running thread

I’ve got an injury that is stopping me from running at the moment. I actually did it playing football. I got a bit of a whack on the side of my calf, was able to carry on playing and just thought it’s a dead leg and it’ll be alright in a couple of days.

The next day though my when i got up i was in agony with my foot(even though id not banged my foot). It eased after a few days. Ever since every time i go for a run the next day i’ve got the same problem again. It feels a bit similar to a broken foot but i know it’s not as it eases a few days later. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar and what it could be? Thanks

I reckon it's a lot tougher mentally being out for so long walking and there's all sorts of injuries to contend with that I never seem to get from running e.g. blisters, hip trouble.

It was a very well organised event and the volunteers were amazing. Might look at running one of the longer distances next year. The Lake District version is supposed to be a great route as well.

Yes I think it is. Also not watching the kilometres being ticked off every 4/5/6 minutes I reckon is tough mentally because tiredness will still kick in early, so facing another say 10 hours must be hard to get your head around. Such great training though, just tough to commit the time.

I will check them out if they put on other events also. I know someone who ran the 100 miler round the lakes last year and said it was a fantastic event.

I’ve got an injury that is stopping me from running at the moment. I actually did it playing football. I got a bit of a whack on the side of my calf, was able to carry on playing and just thought it’s a dead leg and it’ll be alright in a couple of days.

The next day though my when i got up i was in agony with my foot(even though id not banged my foot). It eased after a few days. Ever since every time i go for a run the next day i’ve got the same problem again. It feels a bit similar to a broken foot but i know it’s not as it eases a few days later. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar and what it could be? Thanks
Had calf issues which lead to pain in the outer part of the foot on that side, I basically did physio on the calf and rested for a few weeks

I had a very shit run this morning. I felt like crap so I actually took the unusual step of turning back.

I'm trying to identify the cause. I did quite a long run (12 miles) yesterday but that wouldn't usually stop me. I've been under tremendous stress at work so that may be a factor.

Also, I ate loads of wheaty products (toast, crumpets, cake) last night and wondering if this is the cause of the lack of energy/mojo. I'm thinking that this is the most likely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.