Running thread

Did 8 miles on Sunday morning, it was light rain when I started which is great to run in, as soon as I hit the promenade, about 3 miles in, the heavens opened and it was like running in a monsoon, drenched to the bone and my trainers were basically a huge sponge. Carried on as I was too far in but the last 5 miles were not pleasant

Thank you Frank! Much appreciated.

The run went well. Finished in 2h40 and 15th out of 699 (although the majority of participants were walkers). The weather was perfect and it was a great course, apart from two awful hills. I was done, showered, full of fish and chips and had time for a sleep before heading back to Bakewell to meet my brother and brother-in-law at the finish line as they completed the 75km walk in 16 hours! I think I'll stick to running. That's way too long to be out on your feet.

Well done mate, great effort especially with the hills involved although I appreciate that was not the primary motive.

Very true about the walking, no idea why but a 10k run seems much easier than a 10k walk.

I keep saying I need to get out walking long distances more, for time on feet, but becomes a lot more of a mental challenge especially with aching feet.

Glad the weather held up, it can be a proper mixed bag up there and pretty tough going if the wind and rain picks up as it’s so exposed.

Might have a look at that race, next year. Just the right distance.

London 10k Sunday, always a great vibe.

if England could make the final would wrap up a dream day.

Reactions: ob
Well done mate, great effort especially with the hills involved although I appreciate that was not the primary motive.

Very true about the walking, no idea why but a 10k run seems much easier than a 10k walk.

I keep saying I need to get out walking long distances more, for time on feet, but becomes a lot more of a mental challenge especially with aching feet.

Glad the weather held up, it can be a proper mixed bag up there and pretty tough going if the wind and rain picks up as it’s so exposed.

Might have a look at that race, next year. Just the right distance.
I reckon it's a lot tougher mentally being out for so long walking and there's all sorts of injuries to contend with that I never seem to get from running e.g. blisters, hip trouble.

It was a very well organised event and the volunteers were amazing. Might look at running one of the longer distances next year. The Lake District version is supposed to be a great route as well.

Are Park Runs 5k on the button?
I always start well back in the pack, because I'm slow! That usually means an extra 30 metres or so. I ran Fulham PR last year, and it seemed a good 30 second until I passed the official start line.

They are all supposed to be measured at 5km, but I think they all vary to some degree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.