Running thread

Used to enjoy this thread, I’ve not been able to run or jog since end of January after knee injury from football. Had ACL reconstruction last week after meniscus repair surgery in April, so now another approx 3/4 months before I’m allowed a jog so I’ll be at circa a full 12 months. Feels weird to have never done anything other than walk for so long.

I always find it's tough to take any form of running content in, when you're going through injury. Too frustrating when all you want is to be out there running.

I like that the Manchester Marathon will finish outside Manchester University next year. Running through the City Centre towards the end will give people a boost. Going through the City Centre was my favorite bit and I felt it was wasted around the 4 mile mark.

Used to enjoy this thread, I’ve not been able to run or jog since end of January after knee injury from football. Had ACL reconstruction last week after meniscus repair surgery in April, so now another approx 3/4 months before I’m allowed a jog so I’ll be at circa a full 12 months. Feels weird to have never done anything other than walk for so long.

I was a relatively lazy bastard when I did mine, our 5 a side team was coming to the end and I wasn't into running at the time so didn't really worry about the rehab taking a while!

Hope your recovery goes well and you are back out there soon!

See if you can get a static bike of some sort that works with Zwift, that would be a good way of getting some fitness in that's easier on the knee.

I was a relatively lazy bastard when I did mine, our 5 a side team was coming to the end and I wasn't into running at the time so didn't really worry about the rehab taking a while!

Hope your recovery goes well and you are back out there soon!

See if you can get a static bike of some sort that works with Zwift, that would be a good way of getting some fitness in that's easier on the knee.
I’ll be in the gym nearly every day from next week so definitively be on the static bike soon as they green light me for it. I’m up to about 100/105 degrees flexion now so nearly there.

A year of injuries just keeps on giving, I have anterior ankle impingement in my left ankle so can't run as its dead painful and can't even walk that far. Had this before years ago due to football injuries in the same ankle and it needed an operation to clear it out, hoping this time physio will negate that as otherwise I can't see me being able to run for quite a few months :(

I like that the Manchester Marathon will finish outside Manchester University next year. Running through the City Centre towards the end will give people a boost. Going through the City Centre was my favorite bit and I felt it was wasted around the 4 mile mark.

I do think for the sake of it becoming a more prestigious marathon though they need to pick a route and stick with it. Quite hard to make year on year comparisons when it changes so often.

I agree that it needs more miles in the city centre towards the end of it though.

Last edited:
I do think for the sake of it becoming a more prestigious marathon though they need to pick a route and stick with it. Quite hard to make year on year comparisons when it changes so often.

I agree that it needs more mules in the city centre towards the end of it though.
If you ask me they need to pick a decent route and stick to it, the route they have been using is shite, they make it out like it's great going through Altrincham, when really it's about a mile of the course and the rest is through Trafford park, along Chester road and past a load of houses, the bit through town is good but the whole thing could be so much better, and so much more Manc!! The half that goes along the mancunian way is a much better route.
I did say never again after last years, but now they have announced a new finish line I've been tempted back in and am hoping for a miles better route

If you ask me they need to pick a decent route and stick to it, the route they have been using is shite, they make it out like it's great going through Altrincham, when really it's about a mile of the course and the rest is through Trafford park, along Chester road and past a load of houses, the bit through town is good but the whole thing could be so much better, and so much more Manc!! The half that goes along the mancunian way is a much better route.
I did say never again after last years, but now they have announced a new finish line I've been tempted back in and am hoping for a miles better route

Agreed they could do it so much better, take it past more businesses who would be happy for the spectators etc...

I don't even care if it starts elsewhere and finishes in Manchester, more opportunity to take it through different towns.

They do need to make up their mind though, as you say the current route is poor and they could make it so much better and more prestigious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.