Running thread

Some calf stretches here mate:

Note that static stretches should be done away from your runs, so if you run in the morning, stretch in the afternoon - or vice-versa.

The fitness will come back. As I keep telling myself, I think we just have to accept that it's a gradual process and there's no rush; just build up very gradually. I would definitely focus on easy effort jogging for the moment.
Thanks mate.
Good advice. Easy jogs sounds like what I need o do.

And with that, off to park run!

Thanks mate.
Good advice. Easy jogs sounds like what I need o do.

And with that, off to park run!
Just following up on what stu said about the calf stteches, I used to have alsorts of calf problems, I started doing the wall stretchs after every run and have not had any problems since(theres my calf going on tomorrows run!!)
I find that spending maybe 10 minutes stretching after a run works wonders for any niggles

Yeah, I'm averaging 28 min park runs atm.
Cannot seem to speed up but its early days.
Previous average was about 22-23 mins (with my PR at 20:50).

Determined to do a sub 20 min and hopefully joining a running club I'll have a few on hand to train for stuff like that.

Will resume 10k distances (which tbf I already have) then work back up to half marathons.

I've trimmed down some timber but still carrying excess weight (I spotted my reflection in a window on the way back from the park run) which isn't helping with my running.

All my running tops (which were snug pre getting ill) are now making me look like an artisanal sausage....

Some calf stretches here mate:

Note that static stretches should be done away from your runs, so if you run in the morning, stretch in the afternoon - or vice-versa.

The fitness will come back. As I keep telling myself, I think we just have to accept that it's a gradual process and there's no rush; just build up very gradually. I would definitely focus on easy effort jogging for the moment.
I get very tight calf muscles too. Thanks for that will give them a go

I've dropped off the running a little as I slowly get back into it.

Think I was desperate for it to return so the legs weren't too pleased went doing a few a week.
Park Run yesterday but will do tracks at the running club on Weds eve. Maybe two runs a week for the time being as I build it all back up

After a fallow (well virtually non-existent) 2021 on the running front my resolution this year is to get myself back up to half marathon levels in 2022. Signed up for a half at Heaton Park in March to give me the kick up the arse I need. Anyone else doing that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.