Running thread

3 miles along Thames from Kingston to Hampton court palace. Had to go into office today so decided to get train to Kingston and run rather than train to Hampton court and few minutes walk to office. Was tough enough as carrying rucksack full of work stuff
I've been a cycling and running commuter at various jobs and towns down the years. City streets, country lanes with trains included at times. Where there's a will there's a way. And it certainly beats driving.

I'm delighted to be getting some decent miles in now. My LSRs for the last three weeks have been 15 miles, although I seem to be stuck at that point. No rush though as I don't have a marathon until October.

Great to read about all the running going on in here.
Great to see you back in the big miles mate, which mara you doing in October?

Reactions: ob
Another Stafford Parkrun completed, this time powered by Coronation Chicken and Fish & chips.
Another PB of 33:25 today. I won't be happy until I get to sub 30 minutes.
Stick with it mate, and your times should improve. A year ago I was clocking 37 minutes for my Parkruns. I did the Stretford one today in 25:12.

This is slightly down on last week. I'm away for two weeks now, with my nearest Parkrun in Fort William, 45 miles from where I'm staying. So I'll do Parkrun 49 in three weeks, and then I'll try and go sub 24 minutes to break my record on my 50th Parkrun.

This isn't really my fastest. I think I managed around 18 minutes when I was young and much fitter. That was 40 years ago though, long before Garmins and Parkruns were even thought of.

Stick with it mate, and your times should improve. A year ago I was clocking 37 minutes for my Parkruns. I did the Stretford one today in 25:12.

This is slightly down on last week. I'm away for two weeks now, with my nearest Parkrun in Fort William, 45 miles from where I'm staying. So I'll do Parkrun 49 in three weeks, and then I'll try and go sub 24 minutes to break my record on my 50th Parkrun.

This isn't really my fastest. I think I managed around 18 minutes when I was young and much fitter. That was 40 years ago though, long before Garmins and Parkruns were even thought of.
I'll be doing Stretford next Saturday as I'll be up in Chorlton for the weekend. So far knocked 7 minutes off my PB in 4 weeks so getting there slowly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.