Running thread

4 miles as my week 8 run 2 HM training plan. Really struggled and almost jacked it in after 2.5 miles as passed end of our road. Pushed on to complete the 4 miles and put struggle down to eating and drinking too much crap over last 3 days.

Really good long weekend of running. 9 miler on Thursday, a horror 15 miler along the South West coast path in the blazing heat, rest Saturday and then a 20 mile long slow run today.

Feel great at the minute but the heat really effects me so not sure whether to book a race and pull out just before, if its really hot or focus my efforts on training in preparation for Sept/Oct when I have plans to run at least one 32 miler and a few half marathons.

Serpent trail Ultra looks a possibility on the 2nd of July as looks a lovely if challenging run.

Last edited:
2 miles at lunchtime. My next HM planned run is 11 miles so just ticking over until get time to do that. I ran flat out for 1/4 mile, steady 1/2 mile, then flat out for 1/4 mile. Then steady mile home. Kind of gutted didn't beat my best time on a Strava segment (equalled it), still fastest in my age group, 8th fastest overall this year and local legend. Kind of felt better on seeing that

No Parkrun for me today, as we've descended upon Acharacle in the Ardnamurchan Peninsular, 45 miles away from the nearest Parkrun.

For the uninitiated, we're up in the Scottish Highlands, where there are single track roads with passing places aplenty. Our hosts mentioned a nice beach called Ardtoe, "just down the road", so I thought I'd run there and back, leaving the wife to catch up with our friends. 90 minutes later, I stopped my watch at 14.8km. I quickly started it again and saved my run after a further 200 metres.

It was my longest run since 10 October 2021, and enjoyable, if not a little tiring. Luckily, there were no midges to accompany me on my run, although that might have something to do with the incessant rain that has been with us most of the day.

Rest day tomorrow, and I'll look for a shorter run on Monday.

This was meant to be 11 miles and week 8 run 3. Knew before started wouldn't be that. 12 hours drinking at a wedding on Friday plus eating and dancing meant nothing in legs at all. Gutted that had to walk little bit and first time had to cut short a run. Got to 3 miles and knew didn't have much left so made decision to head for home rather than another 4 mile loop. Suppose can expect that now up at longer distances which never done before. Still 5 miles under belt which is better than nothing.

Last edited:
This was meant to be 11 miles and week 8 run 3. Knew before started wouldn't be that. 12 hours drinking at a wedding on Friday plus eating and dancing meant nothing in legs at all. Gutted that had to walk little bit and first time had to cut short a run. Got to 3 miles and knew didn't have much left so made decision to head for home rather than another 4 mile loop. Suppose can expect that now up at longer distances which never done before. Still 5 miles under belt which is better than nothing.
I was doing my marathon training this time last year, and despite my determination to stick rigidly to the training program, there were some occasions when I just couldn't keep to it. The odd blip didn't affect my overall training.

If I were you, I would just skip that run, and pick back up where you left off.

Woke this morning with pain on my left foot (inside below ankle), suspect old football ligament injury. Thing is fine going to bed last night, only had 2 walks yesterday of couple miles. Looks like rest and ice for while. Gutted

I went out earlyish for a 10km, finished at 11am in 20 degrees, 59 minutes running. It was hard at the end, but great running in such wonderful weather. Makes a nice change from Scotland last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.