Running thread

I did the ‘ASICS London 10k’ a few weeks ago after a big holiday of booze and steak and chips every night, little exercise , struggled around in 1 hour 1 min

I’ve done nearly 4 weeks off booze, eating healthy and exercising daily

I did a 10k training run today around similar route and took it easy - I did it in 57 mins and felt fine

Shows how much fitness and speed can improve in just a few weeks

Last edited:
Just done my first parkrun, really enjoyed it. Sprinting was more my game but have got into 5k runs in recent years to keep the fitness up. Would recommend anyone to try a parkrun if they haven't before, lots of encouragement there.

It's great isn't it. Only started doing them in May, but always find them friendly, inclusive regardless of ability and age, and the fellow runners and marshalls are super supportive.
It's about time GPs started prescribing couch to 5k & Parkruns rather than giving out medication like sweets.

Well it’s taken FOUR years but I’m finally back out jogging.

Went from an unfit 18 stone all the way down to 10.8 and was in fantastic shape…until I blew my LCL.

Then a house purchase collapsed severely upsetting the family routines. Then came Covid and I’m immunocompromised and I completely abandoned jogging.

four years later and I’m sat at 14.5 stone which is about 2 stone heavier than I want so I finally got back out jogging just over 2 weeks ago.

Torture!

It’s taken 14 sessions to get back to a 5K and the times aren’t pretty, but at least the improvements are happening almost daily.

If you give running for fitness a try don’t give up after a week, the body will adapt. Remember, it’s not a race ;-)

Well it’s taken FOUR years but I’m finally back out jogging.

Went from an unfit 18 stone all the way down to 10.8 and was in fantastic shape…until I blew my LCL.

Then a house purchase collapsed severely upsetting the family routines. Then came Covid and I’m immunocompromised and I completely abandoned jogging.

four years later and I’m sat at 14.5 stone which is about 2 stone heavier than I want so I finally got back out jogging just over 2 weeks ago.

Torture!

It’s taken 14 sessions to get back to a 5K and the times aren’t pretty, but at least the improvements are happening almost daily.

If you give running for fitness a try don’t give up after a week, the body will adapt. Remember, it’s not a race ;-)

Well done on restarting your running. Yours is a similar story to mine, and probably many others - running to assist weight loss, and then finding the running quite enjoyable.

12 stone anything is where I'm happiest, and I'm there at the moment, having lost a stone in just over a month. Keep up the running, and as others have said, you should definitely try a Parkrun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.