Running thread

Nice.
Will do that.

I didn't push myself on the 10k Stockport event - just nice steady pace.
Wanted to drop an official marker down for future races.
I'd echo what Gaz recommends. If you go out, run slowly... like painfully slowly. You should feel like it's awkward how much you're holding yourself back.

It's the only way to really ramp up your mileage (which will improve your speed) without getting injured.

Good time that!

Despite running for years, that was my first ever organised event and I get the buzz around them now.
Definitely planning more.

There's a few Wilmslow events in March.
Up for a half marathon at some stage and was looking at May - but there's a good chance it will be v warm then and I'm not a huge fan of running in heat.

As an aside, my legs are a little sore this morning but I did do Park Run, few walks, the 10k Daff and then a heavy Pilates (legs session) yesterday.

General advice good to run later? Nothing hurts and I definitely want to stat stepping up running now.

Slow run after the 10k. I'd go with a 5k run just to deal with the aches.

How you get on?

That's my running club who put the event on :)
54 mins.
Not bad and I wasn't pushing at all so I reckon I could go sub 50 next time.
Really enjoyed it and as my first event I'll be back (and now plan to do others).
Think there's a couple in Wilmslow and Poynton soon.
I did a slow 6k last night. In the rain with podcast - worked a treat.

Thanks for the advice!!

We were in Norway at the weekend and it was icy as fuck. I went out for a run on Sunday morning and managed not to slip over. Some of the paths were like running on an ice rink. There were parts where I had to run through snow, which worked the legs like running on sand does.

I went to a floating sauna afterwards, which included jumping into icy water and it sorted me right out. I was buzzing for about 5 hours afterwards.

Two months off after Istanbul marathon, had a niggly knee pain but ran again December 31st and all seems ok. Did 110k in total in January, very steadily at around 6 mins per km and max run of 14k. Will step it up now, starting with football tomorrow..

My intention is to follow 80:20 plan. Priorities to increase mileage and avoid injury. Perhaps my third marathon in around May/June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.