Russian invasion of Ukraine

First of all can I say that I don't want to cause trouble when I ask what I'm about to ask, Putin did a terrible thing on 24th February and we should support Ukraine as should other countries too. But the thing is, today I read that Britain has pledged an extra £1.3 billion in military support to Ukraine.

Who is paying for this? Or is it part of the foreign aid budget?

I remember being shocked some time ago when I read - I can't recall the exact details - that it was around 2002 when the UK paid off the last installment of money owed to America for WWII !!!

So when all this is over and hopefully Ukraine can become a free sovereign state and one that is well resourced in natural materials that other countries are willing to pay for, will they pay us back?

Or is this money being given to Ukraine in the hope that Russia doesn't take control of their country and deny access to grain and other resources to anyone who helped Ukraine at this time?

P.S. On the resource issue I just can't comprehend how Germany/Hungary and others are still buying gas off Russia (even us a little bit, too) we are in effect bankrolling Russia in their attack on Ukraine whilst simultaneously sending money and arms to Ukraine to fight back!

The world is going mad.

P.P.S. What is this war doing to the issue of Global Warming too, nobody seems to say anything about that, tanks don't do many miles per gallon, that's for certain!

Wow.

What a take.

Get in the fucking bin you (scouse) twat.

Wow.

What a take.

Get in the fucking bin you (scouse) twat.

FabulousQuarrelsomeAsianlion-max-1mb.gif

First of all can I say that I don't want to cause trouble when I ask what I'm about to ask, Putin did a terrible thing on 24th February and we should support Ukraine as should other countries too. But the thing is, today I read that Britain has pledged an extra £1.3 billion in military support to Ukraine.

I remember being shocked some time ago when I read - I can't recall the exact details - that it was around 2002 when the UK paid off the last installment of money owed to America for WWII !!!

So when all this is over and hopefully Ukraine can become a free sovereign state and one that is well resourced in natural materials that other countries are willing to pay for, will they pay us back?

Or is this money being given to Ukraine in the hope that Russia doesn't take control of their country and deny access to grain and other resources to anyone who helped Ukraine at this time?

P.S. On the resource issue I just can't comprehend how Germany/Hungary and others are still buying gas off Russia (even us a little bit, too) we are in effect bankrolling Russia in their attack on Ukraine whilst simultaneously sending money and arms to Ukraine to fight back!

The world is going mad.

P.P.S. What is this war doing to the issue of Global Warming too, nobody seems to say anything about that, tanks don't do many miles per gallon, that's for certain!

odds are it will be payable back to us yes. Same as we had to pay back the US.

gas. It’s impossible to go cold Turkey. 80% of gas is used at an industrial level. If you stop without alternate supplies all manufacturing, and lots of electricity generation stops. This knocks on to the production of weapons being sent to aid Ukraine.

As for global warming. Yes, impacts will happen, The fires caused by the bombs, tanks, ships etc etc. short term, depending how big this gets it may actually cause a drop in temp for a few years due to dust in the air, happened post WW2.

The world is going mad.

The £1.3 billion is less than 0.1% of GDP. NATO members must commit 2%of GDP to defence spending. It is money well spent for your future and your children's future security.

The welfare budget is approx £220 billion, so the money to support Ukraine is but a mere fraction of that. You dont need to worry about it.

The world is going mad.

Totally agree, global warming is the big issue here. How many icebergs have melted just because the Ukrainians wouldn't surrender.
Will nobody think about the penguin's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.