Russian invasion of Ukraine

I think you will be surprised how many, seems including yourself.

I don't know enough about the situations in Yemen and Libya, but we should never have entered Iraq.

Don't take this personally but I'm going to ignore any other comments from you on this subject, if you want to guage opinion on those, open another thread.
Don't take this personally, but saying "oops, we shouldn't have entered Iraq" after destroying the country for non existent WMDs, destroying prosperous Libya for no reason, providing arms and training to Saudis while they pound Yemeni civilians...

All of that isn't a sound basis for a 2000 page long thread here, and nationwide hysteria across the UK in its media, political classes etc, about how Russia is utterly evil for launching a war to protect their vital strategic interests.

Don't take this personally, but saying "oops, we shouldn't have entered Iraq" after destroying the country for non existent WMDs, destroying prosperous Libya for no reason, providing arms and training to Saudis while they pound Yemeni civilians...

All of that isn't a sound basis for a 2000 page long thread here, and nationwide hysteria across the UK in its media, political classes etc, about how Russia is utterly evil for launching a war to protect their vital strategic interests.

Pretty sure the Arab spring civil war did that.

Also NATO intervention wasn’t 1 country invading another either so not overly comparable.

Interested in How you see Russia invading Ukraine is Russia protecting there strategic interests? What interests?

Edit. While Iraq was clearly a mistake ( yes I was against it ) as even the inspectors were saying there wasn’t any WMD’s. People are quick to forgot that Saddam was constant boasting he did have them!

Last edited:
You can’t argue with the fact they are all nonces, though.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

At the time the intelligence supported Saddam having WMDs and regardless of whether they had them or not, he was murdering countless of his own people and the world is better off without cunts like him using its oxygen.

Intervening in Iraq wasn't the mistake. The poor planning afterwards was the mistake.

Your reference to Libya is a weird one. Libya overthrew its own government, and it was far from "prosperous" as far as its ordinary people were concerned.

I'm sure you mean well but you're going on my ignore list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.