Russian invasion of Ukraine

Perhaps you are too young to remember Ceaușescu or the 5million people that protested in Berlin and led to the fall of Honeckers Dictatorship.

All I'm saying is that if the will of the people are behind it mass protests can and do bring down dictatorships.
That’s a cop out. You suggested one option was to leave the country and I asked how they would do that. You ducked. And I expect I am a lot older than you and remember a lot further back than Ceauescu. Berlin was a completely different situation: Gorbachev had already signalled publicly that the days of Russian tanks rolling in were over and that E.Germany was to be a thing of the past. It is not persuasive simply to pick random events from the past and draw false similies.
So I ask again, how would a refusenik get out of the country?
A couple of hints for you.
1.These conscripts will be from the poorer areas of the cities as well to do people simply pay not to be conscripted.
2.You cannot leave the country without an exit visa.
3. Anyone boarding a plane that leaves the country or a long distance train needs documentation. Those that have already left are the rich or influential, not potential conscripts.
I look forward to your plan.

Going off that map,Russia are gonna suffer big losses today.
Either dead or troops surrendering.The West side of the Dnipro will be under Ukrainian control very quickly IMO.
If they are pushing up from Bruskyns'ke to Davydiv Brid (5 mile),the Orcs from there to Lozove will be encircled with nowhere to go.
If they also push from Kostromka to Beryslav (20 mile),the Orcs will be split into 4-5 groups and should be easy pickings.
A big amount of open ground though where Ukraines forces currently are....maybe some Airstrikes to clear the way?
That map looks very promising though...cheers.

Slava Ukraini.
If that map is correct, that is an amazing development. Even UK military experts did not think such a break through was possible. Smart recog. and planning from Ukraine, I guess.

What a deluded Russian is spouting regards Ukrainian losses,yesterday.
How would the prick know where they were trained.
Figures were similar the day before too.

63 tanks
2 SU-25
1 helicopter
107 infantry/armored vehicles
14 pick-ups 1,700 Ukrainian soldiers inc British trained.

Slava Ukraini.

That’s a cop out. You suggested one option was to leave the country and I asked how they would do that. You ducked. And I expect I am a lot older than you and remember a lot further back than Ceauescu. Berlin was a completely different situation: Gorbachev had already signalled publicly that the days of Russian tanks rolling in were over and that E.Germany was to be a thing of the past. It is not persuasive simply to pick random events from the past and draw false similies.
1.These conscripts will be from the poorer areas of the cities as well to do people simply pay not to be conscripted.
3. Anyone boarding a plane that leaves the country or a long distance train needs documentation. Those that have already left are the rich or influential, not potential conscripts.

It's not a cop out at all. Are you implying or saying that no Russians have left their country since the start of the war in protest or to dodge conscription? I think you will find the answer is yes they have!

Oh look! Internet articles saying Russians are leaving to avoid the draft and Putins regime.

In fact their are loads of articles on this and how many brave Russians are leaving and standing up to Putins Regime. Just a shame their arnt lots more. Hopefully at some time in the near future this will happen.

I know for a fact that if I were Russian, me and my family would be out of that country in an instant.

Now I think I've wasted enough time on your responses. So have a good day.

Last edited:

I thought from what I had read that conscripts were doing National Service and protected from being forcibly sent to conflict unless they signed up for the army contract.

As there is no general mobilisation then there is no general conscription, just National Service and that even if Russian Army trying to push these National Service type conscripts into Ukraine they did have rights to refuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.