Russian invasion of Ukraine

You'd like to think that the West have someone close to the inner circle in the Kremlin feeding back intelligence on who's calling the shots and are there any checks and balances on Poo tins authority to trigger a nuclear strike.

K555. I do think there are some similarities. So do others. Take a read of this for a view which suggests the current threat is even greater than the Cuban episode.

All I was suggesting in my first post was that we are in unprecedented times and uncharted waters. Christ knows what the lunatic is capable of and most of us will have no conscious memory of living through an escalation of the threat Of a nuclear conflict. If reports are to be believed the Russians have already fired on an existing nuclear facility In Ukraine.

Like every rational person I sincerely hope that you are correct and this is just posturing.
Well Zelinsky, at least, agrees with me.
I am unconvinced by the paper, the arguments in which do not show what they are attempting to show, namely that this crisis is as potentially devastating as Cuba was. Certainly amongst my contemporaries there was much more palpable fear then than there is now. The authors are guessing, for example, that Putin is unconstrained by more sane voices. They are not apparent but they are likely there. Who knows what Putin will do next? Indeed.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.