Russian invasion of Ukraine

Why is that, why can't a sovereign state decide to join Nato. Because it would mean that Nato would have to defend it? Time to call Putins bluff, give Ukraine a timeline for joining.
A Sovereign state cannot decide to join, it can request to join.

Secondly, no new member can join whilst there are boundary conflicts.

Maybe but, I was just thinking if trump would have let him do it why did putin wait until Biden was president.

just strange. And then I was thinking maybe Russia didn't trust an escalation of things with Donald trumps finger on the button.
World Cup 2018 would have stopped anything in Trump’s first two years and it would have taken another year to put together the logistics for it. Then there was Covid which would have held it up, and here we are. Putin would have loved it if Trump was still in power.

The west, NATO, America and other's will certainly be letting some of those at the top in Russia know exactly what will happen if Russia launch one nuclear missile and it won't be a delicate conversation. If Russia’s nuclear capability is at the level of their other weapons they will be no match for the west. The west will be working 24/7 studying and watching Russia’s nuclear weapon facilities and I am certain they will know where they are.
They will know where the fixed nuclear assets are, land mobile ones even, but SSBN most unlikely

I am concerned that one day putin may try and stop the supply of arms in whatever form they are being given and things may escalate out of control from there.

I am hopeful in the end , that some de escalation will be possible via some back channels using countries that are not involved in the sanctions against Russia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.