Russian invasion of Ukraine

OK fair enough, i didnt know that. Do you agree we the west should be sending much more military support to Ukraine ?
I suspect that the support the west is providing is more or less commensurate with Ukraine’s needs taking into account that training on the modern systems is time consuming and limits the rate that hardware can effectively be deployed. I suspect that some countries, such as Germany, should be doing more but it will only ever be a fraction of what the US is providing, and as long as the Americans don’t ease off I don’t think that additional hardware from other countries will make a huge difference. That’s not to say we shouldn’t all be doing everything we can.

Launching nucs from subs is very noisy, so a sub will likely not get it's full complement off before being taken out, but should get a few off beforehand.
I suspect the technology employed on Russian subs to keep them undetectable has not evolved as quickly as the technology employed by western sub hunting assets to detect and track them.

I suspect the technology employed on Russian subs to keep them undetectable has not evolved as quickly as the technology employed by western sub hunting assets to detect and track them.
Not sure about that. Subs can sit comfortably in deep water undetected until just prior to launch. If you have good intel, you could have a rough ballpark area to patrol but you don't have long once a sub decides to launch between detection and being able to attack it

The best performing fund in the last 6 months is Liontrust Russia! Up by 400%! Make your market collapse then buy at the bottom. Bet there are a few people from within on the make in this war!

Not sure about that. Subs can sit comfortably in deep water undetected until just prior to launch. If you have good intel, you could have a rough ballpark area to patrol but you don't have long once a sub decides to launch between detection and being able to attack it
If the maintenance of Russian subs has gone the same way as maintenance of the rest of the assets in the Russian inventory since the collapse of the USSR I bet they’re noisy as fuck.

The US are worried about the new Yasen-class submarines though, very very quiet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.