Russian invasion of Ukraine

He may have a snapshot view, but having realtime situation awareness of all deployed subs isn't straightforward, particularly in a heightened state of readiness.
I’m sure he will bow to your greater knowledge but we were chatting about it yesterday and that was his claim apparently Russian subs are pretty shit compared with the west

Not sure about that. Subs can sit comfortably in deep water undetected until just prior to launch. If you have good intel, you could have a rough ballpark area to patrol but you don't have long once a sub decides to launch between detection and being able to attack it
Hmm 3 words “Quantum Gravity Sensors”.

These are many orders of magnitude more sensitive than using traditional magnetic anomaly detection and could even be deployed in satellites.

I know the technology exists and it would work, I just don’t know if it is being harnessed by the US/UK. China allegedly has a working system in the South China Sea.

Submarines are no longer the stealthy invisible weapons of mass destruction they once were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.