Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's not coming. He wants to spread fear and uncertainty, and use nuclear blackmail. He won't commit suicide by using the weapons.
problem is he's backed himself into a corner here and there is no conventional exit. His statements on the 4 annexed regions leave him absolutely no negotiating space, and unless the west/ukraine capitulate, which is unlikely in the extreme there is no non-military solution.

Therefore the war continues, Russia continues to have its arse kicked and he is left with two options, nuclear or loss of power.

At that point sanity (whatever little remains at this point) may well go straight out of the (6th floor) window, and if it does it then becomes a matter of whether there is the strength within the kremlin corridors of power to resist him. There is little evidence of that yet.

The only other alternative I can see at that point is exile in somewhere like North Korea

I would be surprised if Russia has the capability of launching a strike without the west knowing in advance, and if it comes to pass that the west believes there is enough evidence of this being imminent, then it wouldn't come as a complete shock if there was a pre-emptive strike by the USA, or an immediate nuclear response.

I have no evidence for this of course, and I hope to god I'm wrong.

He's all about self preservation so agree with you - where the dynamics may change are if he genuinely does have a terminal illness and he wants to go out with a bang but still think an escalation to nukes is unlikely
Bot more on that topic from his recent ramblings from today

He's all about self preservation so agree with you - where the dynamics may change are if he genuinely does have a terminal illness and he wants to go out with a bang but still think an escalation to nukes is unlikely

Why wouldn't he have done that already? His army and Navy have been routed. Preventing the Russian catastrophic defeat in Kyiv and rescuing the objectives of the war would have been the time to go.

I'm getting too grumpy to post here for a bit!

I hope the obviously fascist speech in an obviously fascist setting convinces yet more people of the need to support Ukraine.

And I hope another Russian rout is shortly confirmed in Lyman, with Kherson not too far behind.

See you after the derby (where I'm a bit gutted Zinch is no longer with us)

Putin sounding like the people who were justifying the war early on in this thread (anyone seen them recently?).

Basically listing off all the "West is bad" greatest hits from the last 300 years that have no relevance to what is happening in Ukraine.

I wonder how so many people seem to have the same talking points and who was the one promoting it around the world? Almost like naïve groups at either extreme of the political spectrum have been supported by the same source; "West bad" for the left and "Woke bad" for the right, throw in some conspiracy craziness and that is current online political discourse which is becoming more polarised and less reasonable.
No we’ve not seen them as they’re all spineless cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.