Russian invasion of Ukraine

Really? Where the fuck are they?

If Iranian school girls can stand up and protest en masse against a violent regime which has quashed free speech for 50 years then Russian's could if they wanted to.

7 months into this war, the sad reality needs to dawn on people that most Russians support this war and have the same views towards Ukraine and Crimea as Putin. Their objections are to the war effecting them, not the war happening.

Look at Navalny. He's a "good" Russian the biggest opposition to Putin, but he still says Crimea belongs to Russia.
Where were the Iraqis when Saddam invaded Kuwait? Years of oppression, fear, murdering their own had left most silent. Not much different to Putin’s Russia. As soon as Saddam was overthrown though you saw the true feeling. I would hope, and based on my own experience of being in Russian, almost expect it. Sadly it may be crushed again. Hell they even used to have TV stations that were independent. I say always keep an open mind and not treat all from the land they dwell on and I’m glad people in the world don’t judge me by certain actions of our forces in the not too distant past.

Last edited:

More than 90,000 troops make up Russia’s “irrecoverable” military losses in Ukraine, as reported by the Russian media project iStories (or Vazhnye Istorii). One of the two sources of this information works in the FSB; the other is a former state security officer.

“Irrecoverable losses” is a category that includes servicemen who were killed, went missing, died from their wounds or were disabled and cannot return to military service.

This new estimate is close to the figures stated earlier by the Pentagon and the British Defense Ministry. Last August, the Pentagon estimated that 70–80 thousand Russian troops had been killed or critically wounded since the start of the war. In September, the British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace stated that the Russian army’s total losses exceeded 80,000; of those, about 25,000 were thought to have been killed.

Bet that doesn't included wagner or the lpr dpr mercenaries either.

Just for some context for that 90,000 figure, according to Wikipedia in the ten years of the Soviet-Afghan War:
  • 14,453 killed
  • 53,753 wounded
  • 264 missing
  • 68,470 in total.

That brings the number of NATO OODA trained forces up to around 60k so they can actually form a 4th strike group.
By the UK 22k since 2015 (Operation Orbital)
By the US a similar number over the same time frame.
Also by the UK 5k since March, 10k now another 10k by Jan.
Other European nations are joining in Netherlands & Germany (maybe others) for the Jan influx.

Last edited:
Just for some context for that 90,000 figure, according to Wikipedia in the ten years of the Soviet-Afghan War:
  • 14,453 killed
  • 53,753 wounded
  • 264 missing
  • 68,470 in total.

They didn’t have drones, HIMARS and NLAWs back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.