Russian invasion of Ukraine

Did you just pick those numbers out of thin air? The US govt paid for Ukraine to get Starlink, not Musk.
Did you read what I said? Clearly not.
Starlink has paid an absolute shedload in beefing up Starlink Cyber security as a result of Russian cyber attacks for hosting Ukraine communications.
Nothing to do with the contract the US government paid for.

Last edited:
It was a joint venture between SpaceX and US government rather than one or the other, certainly not the figures quoted earlier either. In any case the request that has been declined by Musk is to activate Starlink coverage in Crimea. So they are not switching off in Ukraine although there are reports of issues on frontline coupled with his recent comments adds to confusion over Musks intentions.

Musk should stay out of these politics. He likes the sound of his own tweets too much.
The interruptions were due to Russian Electronic Warefare in action. Something that Musk IS paying large amounts of cash on to counter. Here is an article from earlier in the week.

Last edited:
I bet there have been many failures with weapon systems taken out of long-term storage. I can't see their corrupt military and industry partners having a rigorous maintenance regime for these weapons when there's money to be skimmed from budgets. Essential components, such as electrolytic capacitors, need power to be applied every couple of years to stop them from deteriorating.
They shot down one of there own missiles over Belgorod yesterday....

India, Pakistan and South Africa still all stand out by abstaining. I understand that they are part of BRICS and in the case of India it relies on Russian arms but the same case could be made for Brazil, yet they voted in favour.
Not that these votes seem to make any difference to Putin.

I think India is a getting a royal lesson in how bad the Russian arms are vs Western weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they change over to American/ European weapons soon.

The tricky thing for them is oil.. they're sucking up to the Russians for oil at discounted rates.

The only fix for that is making EV's so good that oil becomes not as important in the long scheme of things.

We're headed there but it'll take a decade, maybe more.

Scholz seems to be picking up the pace in recent weeks after finally sending those air defence systems to Ukraine. I actually thought we already had something in place for this, am expecting Macron to try and highjack the initiative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.