Russian invasion of Ukraine

2)Putin is going to run out of missiles pretty soon. Some people are esitmating they only have a few dozen left because chips from summer 2019 have been recovered from fired missiles and you always use your oldest stuff first and production is 3/month.
And they can't produce any because of sanctions.

And they can't produce any because of sanctions.

Well the sanctions were in place in 2019 when these missiles were made, so most likely they are smuggling a very limited supply of the microchips needed into the country and that's why production is only 3/month.

Well the sanctions were in place in 2019 when these missiles were made, so most likely they are smuggling a very limited supply of the microchips needed into the country and that's why production is only 3/month.
Ah sorry Dom for some reason I read that as 3 or so months production time.

3 things -

1)All the air defence systems in Ukraine aren't going to leave the day Putin says the war is over.

2)Putin is going to run out of missiles pretty soon. Some people are esitmating they only have a few dozen left because chips from summer 2019 have been recovered from fired missiles and you always use your oldest stuff first and production is 3/month.

3)When they eventually join NATO, they will have fully fledged state of the art air defence systems even better than the ones being donated currently parked around the place in NATO bases.
Someone on the radio the other day said that the Russians have fired over $500m worth of missiles so far. Its unknown how many they have but just estimating on the cost of production and on Russian spending they can not have that many left and are in no way able to continue a steady supply.

At some point senior military types will start to raise concerns around the depletion of their military resources. They cant get into a position where they fire the last missile or last shell. They are buying the basic stuff in from North Korea - how many can they build and at what cost to Russia.

This also why Ukraine forces are focused on hitting supply lines and depots.

Topline. The Federal Communications Commission has denied SpaceX's application to receive $888.5 million in funding to bring its Starlink satellite broadband internet service to rural areas, the agency announced Wednesday, a major blow for the company founded and led by the world's richest man, Elon Musk.
I think that due to your understanding of how a business works, you are Kwasi Kwarteng and I claim my £5

I think it's fair to say that Elon Musk is a brilliant businessman.

I also think it's fair to say that he's an utter ****.
I'm not saying he isn't a **** - Most successful entrepreneurs who go on to run big businesses are the very definition of that.
All I am saying is it has cost Starlink an extra $100m+ to maintain a working system in the face of Russian EW attacks - above and beyond the Ukraine contract fee paid for by the US government.
You tell me a business no matter the capital funds or income it has where the bean counters wouldn't be doing their fruit over those costs? You won't because there aren't any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.