Russian invasion of Ukraine

A long but good read.

Stick with the true story line from the beginning

A paragraph further down the storyline as the war starts.

When Putin declared his “special military operation” in a pre-dawn televised address on February 24, he sent missiles, paratroopers and a huge armored column of soldiers rolling south from Belarusian soil, setting in motion what was intended to be a lightning strike to decapitate the government in Kyiv. But as Russia’s advance stalled and setbacks mounted, Moscow began to spirit wounded soldiers back across the border to Belarus for treatment in several civilian hospitals, a CNN investigation has revealed. The doctors working there were drafted into a war that they didn’t sign up for, unwittingly enlisted as quasi-combat medics and obliged by their hippocratic oath to provide life-saving care.

An English guy came over and said “You’re British: thank god. I feel like wearing a Ukraine T-shirt”. A barman whispered that he didn’t like Russians. But that’s it. The place is very quiet and everyone here appears to be either Russian or Middle Eastern. I know my perception is coloured but I swear to god I haven’t seen a single Russian crack a single smile all week. They just wander around looking grim.
That’s usual though!! We were in Turkey in august and a few Russians there but for the most part they kept themselves to themselves, a group from Hungary weren’t overly keen on them.

All the signs they're ready for the defense ;)
Sick - but time to recycle an old pun....
What's the difference between a Russian Double Gazing looter and Everest Double Glazing?
The Russian will soon also soon be covered in plastic and if they're lucky to get repatriated they'll eventually have a hardwood surround just like the double glazing.

Last edited:
No. I judged him by his clothes, his accent and the way he reacted to me telling him that the last three Prime Ministers an embarrassment to the nation.
By his clothes? Did he have a top hat and tails on Whilst carrying a copy of times under his arm FFS, and what kind of accent should he have? OK this is a piss take isn't it and I have fell for it?

Last edited:
A long but good read.

Stick with the true story line from the beginning

A paragraph further down the storyline as the war starts.

When Putin declared his “special military operation” in a pre-dawn televised address on February 24, he sent missiles, paratroopers and a huge armored column of soldiers rolling south from Belarusian soil, setting in motion what was intended to be a lightning strike to decapitate the government in Kyiv. But as Russia’s advance stalled and setbacks mounted, Moscow began to spirit wounded soldiers back across the border to Belarus for treatment in several civilian hospitals, a CNN investigation has revealed. The doctors working there were drafted into a war that they didn’t sign up for, unwittingly enlisted as quasi-combat medics and obliged by their hippocratic oath to provide life-saving care.

Great read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.