Russian invasion of Ukraine

The twitter report earlier in the thread suggests this is not an easy option for them.

Just be grateful you are not a russian mobilsed soldier recruit, rock and hard place, seem the order of the day.
Not easy for any recruit, but soldiers are trained to deal with difficult conditions, if they want to do it they'll be well able.

It's not. They have Iris-T for some weeks now. You can't have enough anti air though so this is a great delivery by UK/France.

I wasn’t aware of the one but From what I can see IRIS T has 40km range ca 120km range for these? So still a big upgrade in distance’s ( assuming aster 30 millsiles )

The twitter report earlier in the thread suggests this is not an easy option for them.

Just be grateful you are not a russian mobilsed soldier recruit, rock and hard place, seem the order of the day.
Lots of bullet holes in the backs of heads being found. Quite a few wearing officer uniforms.
In WW2 the Russians had blocking units of party nembers to shoot deserters - In that war the deserters knew surrendering to the Germans or deserting was a death sentence. This time round that's not the case.
In WW1 eventually they had enough, shot the officers and went home.
I wonder what will happen here?

Just listened to Jeremy Bowen's report on the horrors inflicted on the Ukrainian people; his recording of a woman recalling how she had been attacked and raped by a Russian was absolutely horrific. Powerful radio.

Made me think about the future, and while I can envisage Ukraine being welcomed into the European Union and being rebuilt in my lifetime, I just cannot see how Russia will ever be forgiven or accommodated into the idea of Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.