Russian invasion of Ukraine

Of course they should, eventually. We’ve forgiven Germany for 2 WW and the Holocaust so if that can happen then over time Russia can be too.
Yes, but forgetting is a different matter. Never trust Russia; drop your guard and they will do it again.

Of course they should, eventually. We’ve forgiven Germany for 2 WW and the Holocaust so if that can happen then over time Russia can be too.
It depends on if those in power change. Post war Germany has become an open and free democratic nation with a centralist government. But that was after the previous Nazi regime was completely dismantled.
Personally I can’t see there being a such a shift back to the Glasnost that was present in the days of Gorbachev.

Just listened to Jeremy Bowen's report on the horrors inflicted on the Ukrainian people; his recording of a woman recalling how she had been attacked and raped by a Russian was absolutely horrific. Powerful radio.

Made me think about the future, and while I can envisage Ukraine being welcomed into the European Union and being rebuilt in my lifetime, I just cannot see how Russia will ever be forgiven or accommodated into the idea of Europe.
It would need putin leaving/dying and the new guy being much less anti-west for a start and then I would think there would be a requirement for them to give up nuclear weapons, which I doubt they would do.

Just listened to Jeremy Bowen's report on the horrors inflicted on the Ukrainian people; his recording of a woman recalling how she had been attacked and raped by a Russian was absolutely horrific. Powerful radio.

Made me think about the future, and while I can envisage Ukraine being welcomed into the European Union and being rebuilt in my lifetime, I just cannot see how Russia will ever be forgiven or accommodated into the idea of Europe.

What do people expect from a rag tag army made up of conscripts, convicts, etc, with no leaders on the battlefield, and a Dictator as a leader of the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.