Russian invasion of Ukraine

Switzerland does not allow Germany to deliver ammunition for the Gepard tanks to Ukraine.

Swiss economics Minister Guy Parmelin informed the German Defense Minister Christine Lamprecht.

The Federal Council insists on its neutrality and does not want Swiss ammunition bought by Germany to be delivered to Ukraine.

On October 21, Germany asked whether they could pass on around 12,400 cartridges of 35mm ammunition of Swiss origin for the Gepard anti-aircraft tank. Buyers of Swiss war material need the approval of the Federal Council for such re-exports.

Lots of Russian money in Swiss banks perhaps?
Couldn't the Germans just ship it and say they expected a positive reply as Putin needs a bit of a kicking.

The other day I was watching the excellent First World War documentary on PBS. I couldn't help but see that the barbaric behaviour of the Russian forces invading Ukraine was a mirror of that of the German troops invading Belgium in 1914. What is it about the mentality of these 'civilised nations ' that leads them to do this.

How Russians inagine a UK winter with energy shortage.

Bless them, how many days a year? 3 or 4 tops...
Most of the time it's a relatively barmy 7 degrees.
Now if it was wind and rain or dank says and drizzle I could at least take it seriously.

While it’s fair to say we don’t tend to get bad winters ( last was 2010 ) don’t underestimate the hit this winter. Our heating kicked in 2 times over night for 15 mins a pop and cost is over a fiver. It’s fine for us personally but it’s gonna be hell for lots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.