Russian invasion of Ukraine

The other day I was watching the excellent First World War documentary on PBS. I couldn't help but see that the barbaric behaviour of the Russian forces invading Ukraine was a mirror of that of the German troops invading Belgium in 1914. What is it about the mentality of these 'civilised nations ' that leads them to do this.

I believe you meant in this modern day not some 100-200 years ago? The we are as bad brigade are at it again.

from Ukrainian military expert:

Meanwhile, the occupiers in the Bakhmut region have a very unpleasant premise. The fact is that in their next impulse to break through to the city from the south, the Armed Forces of Ukraine not only blocked their attempts, but also threw them back to Zaitsevo and Otradievka. What does it say?

It goes without saying that the Russians once again staged an act of sacrificing their chmobiks in a senseless coven, but the main thing is that they could not hold back the counterattack of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In recent days, having received an influx of chmobiks, the invaders are increasingly trying to attack. They're just trying.

But at the same time, after each “offensive”, they receive a counterattack of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in response, which they cannot restrain. In some cases, even losing positions or expanding the gray zone with their suicidal dedication. So, what does this say?

This suggests that the DOM resource in this location is less and less able to contain the response pressure, and every day its capabilities decrease more and more.

As if in a short time, these selfless suicidal people themselves would not have to go on the defensive, which, of course, they will not be able to keep ... They will not be able to, because they are not capable.

I think it is good that we know our history so as not to repeat it.

I agree but comparing what the Russians are doing now with days gone by is counterproductive we are living in a modern world. Every country can point a finger at their past and grimace, as well as look at the past and look at the good things.

Empire is over for the British the Spanish the Portuguese and the Belgians, let's not forget the Germans the Japanese the Americans the Turks and every incident that we should learn off and say never again.

What the Russians are doing NOW is bad and has no place in the modern world, saying we did it once is not and shouldn't be part of the discussion of the here and now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.