Russian invasion of Ukraine

Isn’t the best future idea a push south from West of Donetsk to the sea, cutting the last railway link to the western Russian positions.
Making the position of the Russians on the east bank of the dnieper untenable - no supplies, cut off, except through the narrow isthmus of Crimea?
Ie just hold a defensive line on the dnieper, as there’s no chance Russia can launch an offensive back across the river. And it means all the effort, materials and men used by the Russians to build their multiple defensive lines just to the east of the dnieper are rendered useless.
I'm pretty sure the last railway link that can supply Kherson was hit last week.

Slava Ukraini.

Going directly over the river to the other side would be risky for the Ukrainian forces. They would be rained on with artillery whilst having to supply over a river. I wonder if they will push from higher up in the country where they can cross the Dnipro in easier ways. I wonder where they will be in the spring and where to now? Do they push on Crimea or go for the Donbas?
I'm hoping for The Donbas,then push down the East side of the Dnipro,whilst the boys on the West side clear the way with HIMARS etc.

Slava Ukraini.

Going directly over the river to the other side would be risky for the Ukrainian forces. They would be rained on with artillery whilst having to supply over a river. I wonder if they will push from higher up in the country where they can cross the Dnipro in easier ways. I wonder where they will be in the spring and where to now? Do they push on Crimea or go for the Donbas?

My personal opinion is they will come down into Zaporizhzhia into Melitopol, sever all the supply lines, keep hitting Crimea Bridge ( if they can ), that will cut off Kherson and Crimea. then after a while move west into Kherson and down into Crimea.

Thing with Putin he could pull everyone out recoup and go back in harder in a month or two! Putin needs taking out

Depends what the morale is like, a lot of these conscripts are either killed, missing or not being payed. Will the urge to fight be there when it’s freezing cold and they are being picked off by HIMARs.

My personal opinion is they will come down into Zaporizhzhia into Melitopol, sever all the supply lines, keep hitting Crimea Bridge ( if they can ), that will cut off Kherson and Crimea. then after a while move west into Kherson and down into Crimea.
I think that's the only way,TBH.
Don't think they have anything bar drones to hit the Crimean bridge.
Think the supply lines are already cut....Last supply line was near Tokmak and a bridge was hit last week.
I'm pretty sure,what Russia has in Kherson is all they have.

Slava Ukraini.

Depends what the morale is like, a lot of these conscripts are either killed, missing or not being payed. Will the urge to fight be there when it’s freezing cold and they are being picked off by HIMARs.
Quite a few surrendered in Donetsk yesterday,they are absolutely terrified of HIMARS.
They have seen the damage it does....their words,not mine.

Slava Ukraini.

Thing with Putin he could pull everyone out recoup and go back in harder in a month or two! Putin needs taking out
With what? The gifts of Russian military eqyipment to Ukraine are hurting Russian operations badly.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.