Russian invasion of Ukraine

Rumour was,the Russians was trying to move 40k + troops.....i have no idea if that is true.
I been missing today as on a stag doo and also celebrating Kherson.

Slava Ukraini.
Every time you disappear on a jolly something big goes down, think we need a whip round and send you to the Bahamas for a month :)

I meant from the Russian border, no way Ukraine use the HIMARS into Russia im sure they’ve been told by usa they can’t do that

It’s about 300 miles as the crow flies to the Russian border from Kherson. Literally the further away from the border as you can get front line wise.

For reference Kharkiv that liberated a while ago is 20 miles from the border, 40 miles from a major Russian city.

Unless your meaning crimea?

It isn’t apparently: there’s a lot of fear and cynicism that the Russians are still there, dressed in civilian clothing, waiting for their moment. It was always 50/50 in that city apparently, a bit like Belfast.
One of the first Cities to be occupied, recently Annexed by Putin, and following months of occupation and harsh fighting, I can fully understand and support the mass jubilation being displayed. They have earned it. That is not to say there might not be any problems, but for now, they are jubilant, and rightly so.

It isn’t apparently: there’s a lot of fear and cynicism that the Russians are still there, dressed in civilian clothing, waiting for their moment. It was always 50/50 in that city apparently, a bit like Belfast.
I get the fear, and for sure there will be a solid security presence in the city, but as for a rag tag bunch of russians waiting for a moment... Nothing they have done so far suggests they have the nous, the will, or the brains to do anything, aside from create mischief at best. I feel that the collaborators will be the first targets.

Any russian foot soldier still there will not be a concern of the higher ups, they're statistics for them now.

It’s about 300 miles as the crow flies to the Russian border from Kherson. Literally the further away from the border as you can get front line wise.

For reference Kharkiv that liberated a while ago is 20 miles from the border, 40 miles from a major Russian city.

Unless your meaning crimea?
Ok thanks for that my worry would be as they get closer to the Russian border they would not be able to hit back across the border

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but the Mail are running a story from some ITK in Russia that there are back channel negotiations going on with Putin about him surrendering. The deal on offer is he hands back all territory apart from Crimea, which will be demilitarised, in exchange for staying in power and avoiding war crimes charges.

He’s ‘interested’.

Zelensky is against it and but the Americans are leaning on him to get back to the negotiating table.

Could be bollocks but interesting nonetheless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.